Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Puerto Rico Corporation Amendments


How To Make Puerto Rico Corporation Amendments

Puerto Rico corporations can amend any of the following information: name of corporation, principal address, mailing address, resident agent name and /or registered office, officers and/or directors, or additional information.

What you need to make an amendment to a Puerto Rico Corporation:

  • Filing fee (Fees vary depending upon what type of amendment you are making)
  • Internet access
  • Name of Puerto Rico corporation
  • The information that needs to be amended

How to file a Puerto Rico Corporation Amendment:

To make amendments to your Puerto Rico corporation, you must provide the corporation’s name and entity number (which can be found by doing a business name search), then you will be guided through the amendment process. You will need to the following information to complete the filing:

  • Filer information: The PR DOS requires that the person authorized to make the filing list their name address and other contact information. Filers are typically any of the following: owner, employee, resident agent, attorney/paralegal, or CPA (basically anyone authorized by the corporation to make the change.
  • You’ll also need to the information you want to change, such as office address, corporate name, purposes, resident agent, or other information.
  • Credit card or electronic check information.

How much does a Puerto Rico Corporation amendment cost?

Puerto Rico corporate amendment costs vary by amendment type.

  • Office address: $60
  • Corporate name: $20
  • Purpose: $20
  • Change Resident Agent: $60
  • Resident Agent Resignation with Successor: $60
  • Resident Agent Resignation without Successor: $60
  • Terms of Existence: $20
  • Other: $20

How long does it take the state to process a Puerto Rico Corporation amendment?

Articles of amendment are processed instantly after payment is received.

How will the corporation amendment be returned?

You will receive a confirmation email from the Department of State once you’ve completed your filing.

What state agency do you file an amendment with?

Puerto Rico Department of State
Registry of Corporations and Entities
P.O. Box 9023271
San Juan, PR 00902-3271
Tel. (787) 722-2121
Website: Puerto Rico DOS Online Amendment Login

Can you change the Puerto Rico Corporation officers or directors on an amendment?

Yes. The fee will be $20.

Can you change the Puerto Rico registered agent on the amendment?

Yes. In fact, this is the only way to change your registered agent in Puerto Rico. To learn more, please see our Puerto Rico Change of Agent page.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on a corporation amendment?

Yes. The fee will be $20.

When You Want More