Charity Registration In North Dakota
FREE GUIDE TO CHARITY REGISTRATION IN NORTH DAKOTA
Do I have to register my non-profit organization as a charity in North Dakota?
Yes, if your nonprofit organization will be soliciting donations of any kind, you must register as a charity with the North Dakota Secretary of State.
How do I register my charity with the ND Secretary of State?
Complete the Charitable Organization Registration Statement and pay the $25 filing fee.
How much does it cost to register a charity with the ND Secretary of State?
The filing fee is $25. You can pay with a check, money order, or credit card.
How long will it take for North Dakota to process my charity registration?
One to two weeks.
Do charities in North Dakota have to file annual reports?
Yes. The annual reports (SFN 11302) are due each year by Sept. 1. The reporting fee is $10.
Does North Dakota have any charity registration exemptions?
Yes. If your North Dakota nonprofit organization falls into one of the following categories, you will not need to register as a charity:
- Organization soliciting funds for higher learning institutions.
- If the organization uses volunteer, unpaid solicitors to collect donations for a political subdivision, government entity, or community project.
- A private or public elementary or secondary school.
- A religious organization exempt from filing federal tax returns.
- Any candidate collecting donations for seeking political office.
- A charitable organization collecting donations for any person specified by name at the time of the solicitation.
N0n-profit and Charity Resources:
Secretary of State State of North Dakota
600 E Boulevard Ave Dept 108
Bismarck ND 58505-0500