North Dakota Registered Agent
Registered Agent Service in North Dakota
What is a North Dakota registered agent?
In North Dakota the definition of a registered agent includes any resident or business that maintains a registered office address in state and is willing to accept service of process and official mail for your business. A North Dakota registered agent is appointed on a business’ formation documents filed with the ND Secretary of State.
Why you need a registered agent in North Dakota:
- The state of North Dakota requires all registered businesses to appoint a registered agent.
- The North Dakota Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you do not appoint a registered agent.
- The government and the public must have a way to legally notify your business of lawsuits and deliver other official documents.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- Most people with have trouble completing the business filing. This is just a fact. The process of filing a business registration in any state can be complicated. But you are lucky because we do North Dakota business filings every day. And when you sign up for registered agent service, you get our knowledge and experience in addition to an online account filled with all the filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need.
- Feel free to call! We specialize in helping our registered agent clients get their businesses formed with the state. We do North Dakota corporation and LLC filings all the time. We’re here to help you through the process of starting your new business in North Dakota. Please do not hesitate to call or email us. Real people are always here to help.
- It can be hard to keep track of it all. When you form a North Dakota corporation or North Dakota LLC, you have filing requirements every year. Each year, you have to file an annual report with the North Dakota Secretary of State. The reports cost $10 to $50 to file. When you purchase our registered agent service, we also include complete North Dakota corporate services at no additional charge. You’ll always see upcoming report dates for every state where we’re your registered agent. Your reminders will always be based on your business’ real corporate filing date with the Secretary of State. And if North Dakota laws that affect your business change, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated alert system in the business. We do the work for you and provide you with not just reminders, but we also provide the forms you need to file prepopulated with your business’ information on them—all at no additional charge.
- Free tools. If you sign up for a cheap registered agent service, you’ll get what you pay for. You won’t hear from them unless you have been sued, and even then… Why take any chances? We don’t just send you an invoice for registered agent service once a year—we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your LLC, nonprofit, corporation, charity, LLP, or any other type of North Dakota business. Just enter your business information once and we use that to populate a variety of business docs including annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
What do North Dakota registered agents do?
Your North Dakota registered agent should:
- Receive documents on behalf of your business.
- Provide notices to your business when it receives service of process or official mail.
- Be available during normal business hours at a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in state where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office. Ours office is in Fargo, ND.
- Keep its registered office and contact information updated, so your business can be reliably contacted.
What are the requirements for North Dakota registered agents?
The North Dakota Model Registered Agents Act (N.D.C.C., Chapter 10-01.1) requires agents to:
- Be a North Dakota resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Maintain a registered office (a physical address in North Dakota).
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
What’s the difference between noncommercial and commercial registered agents in North Dakota?
- Not much. The duties of all registered agents are the same. Commercial registered agents fill out more paperwork with the ND Secretary of State, which in turn allows commercial agents to better maintain their entities. There is no distinct advantage to consumers when choosing to hire a commercial or noncommercial registered agent in North Dakota.
How do I perform North Dakota registered agent search?
You may need to legally notify a business in North Dakota. Unless the service of process needs to be personally delivered (served) you can send documents to the business via certified mail.
- Do a North Dakota business name search with the Secretary of State.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
How do I change my North Dakota registered agent?
- File a change of agent form with the North Dakota Secretary of State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process to change your North Dakota registered agent.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in North Dakota?
We accept and scan all of our North Dakota clients’ documents from our office here in Fargo, ND.
When you accept service of process, how will you send my documents to me?
Within minutes of accepting a document for your business, we scan it from our Fargo office to your online account in real time. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate how it all works.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your North Dakota office?
- That’s not what we do, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t lease a space at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail here.
- As your registered agent in North Dakota, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If we do receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
Can I use the address of your North Dakota registered office for everything on my business filing?
Yes! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address private and off public record.
Will you let me know when my North Dakota annual report is due?
Absolutely! As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form and instructions you need to file it.
How do North Dakota registered agents get served?
This is how it works:
- A process server, county sheriff, or third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), then we sign for them.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: Regardless of whether you receive the documents your North Dakota registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been legally notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. If you hire Northwest, long before the server submits their affidavit to the court, you will have received your documents because we scan them to your account within minute of signing for the documents.
Do I need a North Dakota registered agent?
How do I get registered agent service in North Dakota?
- Sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your North Dakota registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the state division of corporations.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of North Dakota registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for North Dakota registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with North Dakota corporate paperwork formalities like the .
Should I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in North Dakota?
Hire us first. North Dakota will reject your business registration filing if you don’t have a registered agent. You can find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you hire us.
Info your ND registered agent should help you know and understand:
The North Dakota Secretary of State is the agency that you appoint us as your North Dakota registered agent with. Filings with the ND SOS take about 20 days for the state to process them. You can fax file anything, but it doesn’t speed up the process outside of the ease of not having to mail it. If you mail your filing in, it does not require original inked signatures. All entities registered with the Secretary of State are required to keep a ND registered agent at all times.
North Dakota annual reports forms are delivered to your registered agent. They can also be downloaded online. We scan these reports into your online account locally and immediately.
There’s a lot of North Dakota registered agents. There’s a lot of change in North Dakota. The economy is raging and there’s a lot of business. Because of this many people have set up ND registered agent services. We provide a stable service that was here before the ND boom and will be here long after the oil and gas boom has gone away. We also can help you not only keep track of your North Dakota requirements, but if you’re a boom chaser, we’ll be here with an easy way for you to do business in other states once you need to.