How to Change Your Registered Agent in Delaware
To change your registered agent in Delaware, you must complete and file a Certificate of Change of Agent form with the Delaware Department of State, Divisions of Corporations. The Delaware Certificate of Change must be submitted by mail, fax, or in person and costs $50 to file. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Delaware Certificate of Change of Agent paperwork for you and pay the state filing fee.
Free PDF Download
Download the Delaware Certificate of Change Agent here
Do It Yourself Online
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Delaware Certificate of Change Agent here
Delaware Registered Agent Service$125 Per Year
Steps to Changing Your Delaware Registered Agent
If you would like to change your registered agent in Delaware, you will need to complete the following three general steps:
- Select a new Delaware registered agent. If you hire Northwest for our registered agent service, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you and pay your filing fee.
- Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
- Complete and submit your Delaware Certificate of Change of Agent to the Delaware Department of State, Division of Corporations.
What are the options and different ways you can change your Delaware registered agent?
To change your Delaware registered agent, you will need to provide the completed Certificate of Change of Agent form for your entity type, to the Department of State by mail, fax or in person. Every entity, both domestic and foreign, has a separate change of agent form. The Delaware change of agent link may be found below. Delaware strongly encourages all document filings be accompanied by the Filing Cover Memo. It is a convenient way of assuring your processing is done in a timely manner. The filing memo may be downloaded at the link below.
You cannot change the registered agent on your annual report form.
To ensure your former agent’s service and obligations come to a full stop, check out our Delaware registered agent resignation page.
Changing Your Delaware Registered Agent FAQs
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Delaware?
The fee required to change your registered agent in Delaware is $50.
Expedited service is available for an additional $1,000 for one-hour service; $500 for two-hour service; $200 for same day service; or within 24 working hours for an additional $100 fee.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Delaware?
Normal processing in Delaware is from two to three weeks. You may request expedited options from one day to one hour depending on the requested service.
You will receive a confirmation copy of your filing by the return service you indicate on your filing memo.
How do I contact the Delaware Department of State?
Delaware Department of State
Division of Corporations
John G. Townsend Building
401 Federal Street – Suite 4,
Dover, DE 19901
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Delaware?
All the different Certificate of Change of Agent forms are in your online account immediately, if you sign up for Delaware registered agent service with Northwest.
Where can I find Delaware Change of Agent forms for all entities?
Where can I find a filing cover memo?
Expect More From a Registered Agent
We have a team of Delaware experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Delaware Department of State requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Certificate of Change of Agent and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Delaware forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Delaware.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- We provide free Delaware mail forwarding (limited to 5 pieces of regular mail per year) and premium Delaware mail forwarding service for $40 a month.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.