How To Resign As A Registered Agent In Wyoming
To resign as a registered agent in Wyoming, you must send written notice of your resignation to the company/companies that you had been representing. Then, no more than thirty days later, submit the original and one copy of a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent to the Wyoming Secretary of State, Business Division by mail or in-person. There are different forms and procedures depending on whether a successor agent is appointed or not.
If the Wyoming registered agent resigns without appointing a successor agent, the Wyoming business will have thirty days to appoint another registered agent or face dissolution. If a Wyoming registered agent resigns and appoints a successor agent, a statement of change for each affected entity and an acceptance of appointment by the new registered agent must accompany the resignation. There is no fee to resign as a Wyoming registered agent, and standard processing time at the Wyoming Secretary of State is 3-5 business days.
Free PDF Download
Download the Wyoming Resignation of Registered Agent Form here
Do It Yourself Online
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Wyoming Registered Agent Resignation here
Let Us Complete The Registered Agent Resignation For You$100 + State Fees
The Steps To Resign As A Wyoming Registered Agent:
- To resign, the Wyoming registered agent must deliver written notice of their resignation to the company that they had been representing at the company’s last known address.
- Then, no more than thirty days later, the agent must submit the original and one copy of a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent to the Wyoming Secretary of State, Business Division by mail or in-person.
The Wyoming registered agent’s resignation becomes effective upon filing the statement with the Wyoming Secretary of State.
Items To Include On The Wyoming Resignation Of Registered Agent
The following must be on the Wyoming registered agent’s statement of resignation depending on whether a successor agent is appointed or not:
- Statement of Resignation Without Appointment of Successor Agent
- Indicate whether the change affects every entity the agent represents or just specific entities, which must be listed in an attachment
- Name of registered agent
- Date that notice of the resignation was sent to the business entity at its last known address, which must be at least thirty days before filing the statement of resignation with the Wyoming Secretary of State
- A statement that the agent resigns from the entities on the attached list
- Signature of registered agent or person authorized by the registered agent
- Name and title of registered agent or person authorized by the registered agent
- Name of contact person
- Daytime phone number
- Statement of Resignation With Appointment of Successor Agent
- Indicate that the change affects all the entities on an attached list
- Attach a Statement of Change of Registered Agent/Office by Entity form that approves the appointment of the new registered agent for each entity
- Name of the new registered agent
- Address of the new registered office
- A statement that the resignation takes place immediately upon filing
- A statement that the old registered agent resigns for the entities on the attached list
- Name and signature of resigning agent
- A statement that the new registered agent accepts the appointment for the entities
- Name, title and signature of the new registered agent
- Contact person’s name
- Daytime phone number
Wyoming Registered Agent Resignation FAQ
Must The Registered Agent Notify The Company Before Filing Resignation With Wyoming?
Yes. The Wyoming registered agent must send written notice of their resignation to the companies from which they are resigning at the companies’ last known addresses at least thirty days before filing resignation with the Secretary of State.
Is There A Fee To Resign As A Registered Agent In Wyoming?
No. There is no fee to resign as a Wyoming registered agent.
Can A Wyoming Registered Agent File Their Resignation Online?
No. The resignation of a Wyoming registered agent is not currently available to be filed online.
How Long Does It Take The State To Process A Wyoming Resignation Of Registered Agent?
Standard processing time for the resignation of a Wyoming registered agent is 3-5 business days. Expedited service is not available through the Wyoming Secretary of State for this filing.
When Does A Registered Agent’s Resignation Become Effective In Wyoming?
The Wyoming registered agent’s resignation becomes effective upon filing.
What If The Wyoming Registered Agent Resigns While The Company Is Still Active?
Corporations and LLCs are required by Wyoming state law to maintain a registered agent during the life of the company. If a Wyoming company is without a registered agent or does not notify the state that their agent has changed or resigned for thirty days, the company can be administratively dissolved. To change registered agents, submit a Change of Entity’s Registered Agent and Office form to the Wyoming Secretary of State.
What’s The Simplest Way To Resign As A Registered Agent In Wyoming?
Start a FREE Northwest Registered Agent Account to access the forms or hire us to complete it for you. At Northwest Registered Agent, we offer a variety of services to lighten the load on your business and all filings are processed the same day you order.
Which Wyoming Agency Does The Registered Agent Send Their Resignation To?
Submit the Wyoming registered agent’s statement of resignation by mail or in-person to:
Wyoming Secretary of State
2020 Carey Ave, Suite 700
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020
For inquiries call:
Email: [email protected]