How to Crop an Image in WordPress
WordPress allows users to crop images with its media library or the image block editor. This guide shows how to crop an image already added to your media library.
Crop an Image with Block Editor
Cropping a pre-existing image on a page or post takes these steps:
- From the dashboard, go to the page or post where the image is currently.
- Click on the image you want to crop to open the block editor menu.
- Select the Crop Tool from the menu.
- The crop tool gives the options to zoom in, change aspect ratio, and rotate the image. Select the best option for your desired image or use a combination of options.
Crop an Image in the Media Library
Cropping a pre-existing image from the media library takes these steps:
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- Select Library from the Media menu item. This opens the Media Library and shows all the media items on the website.
- Select the image to open the attachment and picture details. Click Edit Image.
- Within the edit view, select Crop.
With the media library crop tool, the options allow for cropping based on ratio or moving the mouse to the desired crop portion, scaling the image to specific dimensions, or rotating the image.See All WordPress Guides