How to Change Your Registered Agent in Idaho
To change your registered agent in Idaho, you must complete and file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form with the Idaho Secretary of State. The Idaho Statement of Change must be submitted by mail, fax, or in person and has no filing fee. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Idaho change of registered agent paperwork for you.
Free PDF Download
Download the Idaho Statement of Change of Registered Agent here
Do It Yourself Online
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Idaho Statement of Change here
Idaho Registered Agent Service$125 Per Year
Steps to Changing Your Idaho Registered Agent
If you would like to change your registered agent in Idaho, you will need to complete the following three general steps:
- Select a new Idaho registered agent. If you hire Northwest, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you and pay your filing fee.
- Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
- Complete and submit your Idaho Statement of Change of Registered Agent to the Idaho Secretary of State.
What are the options and different ways you can change your Idaho registered agent?
All you need to do is provide the completed Statement of Change of Registered Agent, Registered Office, or Both form, to the Idaho Secretary of State by mail, fax or in person. The Registered Agent MUST SIGN the form, but it does not need to be an original signature. The Secretary of State website appears to have two separate forms for commercial and non-commercial registered agents. However, in this case they are identical forms.
You can also change the registered agent at the same time of filing your annual report. The easiest method is online at the link below. You may also file the paper post card report. You can send in the post card paper report by mail, or you can fax it into the Idaho Secretary of State.
Changing Your Idaho Registered Agent FAQs
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Idaho?
There is no fee required to change your registered agent in Idaho.
Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and you’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state for you. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Idaho?
Processing time for documents mailed, faxed or submitted in person is approximately one week. If you expedite the filing it is processed on the same day generally.
You will receive a confirmation copy of the change by mail. You will also be able to print a copy directly from their website.
How do I contact the Idaho Secretary of State?
Idaho Secretary of State
450 N. 4th Street
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0080
Phone: (208) 334-2301
Fax: (208) 334-2080
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Idaho?
Expect More From a Registered Agent
We have a team of Idaho experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Idaho Secretary of State requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Statement of Change of Registered Agent form and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Idaho forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Idaho.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.