Idaho Registered Agent
When You Want More
An Idaho registered agent is either an individual Idaho resident or a business registered in the state that is appointed by a company for the sole purpose of accepting legal documents and official business mail. Every business entity is required by law to designate an Idaho registered agent on its Articles of Incorporation or Certificate of Organization. An Idaho registered agent maintains a physical office location in the state, keeps regular business hours, and accepts all notices, demands and service of process served upon a client. All documents are then forwarded to the client in a timely manner.
With our Idaho registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, business address, free mail forwarding, free Phone Service for 60 days, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Idaho Registered Agents:
What Do Idaho Registered Agents Do?
An Idaho registered agent is legally required (per Idaho Statute 30-21-404) to do the following:
- Maintain a registered office. This location is a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in Idaho where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail, like tax notices.
- Be available during normal business hours. This is why only Idaho residents and registered agent services can be perform these duties.
- Accept legal documents on behalf of your business in Idaho. Your agent is then entrusted to relay those documents to your business fast.
However, the right registered agent service can also do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
How Do I Change My Idaho Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Idaho.
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you for free.
- Do it yourself and file a Statement of Change of Registered Agent form with the Idaho Secretary of State.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service. But why? At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local Idaho office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: For every client and every service, we minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. We never sell your data. We list our own business address on public docs to better keep your personal info safe. Our commitment to privacy puts our clients first.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: As your registered agent, we automatically accept and scan your state and legal mail. Sometimes, however, we receive personal or business mail from clients or companies trying to connect with your business. We’ll accept and scan these for you as well—up to 5 documents a year FREE. We’ll also scan additional mail at a per doc rate of $15.
- Unlimited Mail Forwarding: Expecting much more business mail? For $20 a month, we also offer unlimited Idaho mail forwarding. Our unlimited option includes an Idaho business address with a unique suite number—great for listing on your website, establishing a business presence, or giving a home or online business a more professional appearance. We even accept Amazon Verification Cards, but we can not be your Amazon return address since our offices aren’t equip to hold anything beyond regular sized mail.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Idaho Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need An Idaho Registered Agent?
Idaho law requires all registered businesses to appoint one. The Idaho Secretary of State will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent. Idaho’s registered agent requirement was created so the general public and the Secretary of State have a reliable way to contact or serve your business.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Idaho?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Idaho. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, an Idaho registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Idaho?
We accept and scan all of our Idaho clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Coeur d’Alene, ID.
Will You Let Me Know When My Idaho Annual Report Is Due?
Yes! If you own an LLC or corporation in Idaho, you’ll need to file your ID annual report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.
Can I Use Your Idaho Registered Office Address For Everything On My State Business Filing?
Yes! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything on a filing to help keep your address private.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Idaho Office?
Yes! Just sign up for our unlimited Idaho Mail Forwarding option ($20/month). You’ll get a unique suite number and an Idaho business address you can use for mail, advertising and more. While you can use our address, we are not a return depot for online or Amazon sellers, though we’d love to accept your foosball tables.
Don’t need a unique suite number? Our Idaho registered agent service comes with free limited mail forwarding. We’ll list our business address (no unique suite number) on your public docs to better protect your privacy. And, we’ll scan the occasional business mail we receive—up to 5 documents a year, for FREE. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Idaho?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation. The Idaho Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t already have a registered agent. You’ll instantly find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing after you place an order.
How Do Idaho Registered Agents Receive Service Of Process?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof of notification. Whether you receive the documents your Idaho registered agent signs for or not, once they accept the documents, you’ve legally been notified. This is a serious responsibility and we don’t take it lightly. Here’s how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our Coeur D’Alene office and hand us the documents (service of process), and then we sign for them.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court which states that they “served” us.
- If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents, because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
How Do I Search For An Idaho Registered Agent?
You can do an Idaho business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Idaho registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Do I Resign From Being A Registered Agent In Idaho?
InIdaho, to resign as a registered agent, you need to submit a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent to the Idaho Secretary of State’s Business Registration Division. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can refer to our guide on how to resign as a registered agent in Idaho.
How To Order Idaho Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year’s fee for registered agent service up front.
For new businesses, once your business registration filing with the Idaho Secretary of State is complete, we’ll become your Idaho registered agent.
About a year later, we’ll send an invoice for another year of Idaho registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Idaho registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Idaho corporate paperwork formalities like the Idaho annual report.