Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Get Started
Get Started

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How to Change Your Registered Agent in Washington

We’re Just Not Annoying®


What are the options and different ways you can change your Washington registered agent?

The State of Washington has three methods of changing your registered agent. You can change your registered agent in Washington State by submitting the completed Statement of Change for Registered Agent/Office form, to the Secretary of State by mail, fax or in person.  The new registered agent must sign the consent line on the Statement of Change form, but it does not need to be an original signature.

Washington Secretary of State now offers online change of registered agent to businesses. Just click on the link below to fill out the online Statement of Change form.

You may also change your registered agent in Washington on your annual report, if it works out that you need to change your agent when your report is due. The easiest way to file an annual report in Washington State is online at the link found below. It is referred to as an Annual Renewal in Washington.

What form do you file to change your registered agent in Washington?

The Washington Statement of Change Registered Agent/ Office form is in your online account immediately, if you sign up for registered agent service with Northwest.

Change Washington Registered Agent Online

Washington Secretary of State Online Renewal

How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Washington?

There is no fee required to change your registered agent with the Secretary of State in Washington when the Statement of Change form is mailed.

Expedited service is available for a $50 fee. You must write “EXPEDITE” on the outside of your envelope if filing by mail. All fax and online submissions are considered expedited and the $50 will be charged to your credit card.

Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and you’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account.  Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state for you.  It’s that simple!

How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Washington?

Washington State will take approximately one month to process any document they receive unless you request expedite service, in which case the processing is approximately three to five days.

You will want to request a file stamped copy in your cover letter.

What if I need to resign as a registered agent in Washington?

See our page on Washington registered agent resignations.

Change Your Washington Registered Agent

Washington Secretary of State contact information:

Washington Secretary of State
Corporation Division
801 Capitol Way S
PO Box 40234
Olympia WA 98504-0234
Phone: (360) 725-0377
Fax: (360) 664-8781 or (360) 664-0055
Website: http://www.sos.wa.gov/corps/

Registered Agent WA Service Includes:

  1. Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
  2. Instant Washington forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Washington.
  3. State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
  4. We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
  5. We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
  6. And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.
Get a Washington Registered Agent in 5 Minutes or Less

Corporate Compliance
by Local Corporate Guides®