Kansas Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
A Kansas registered agent is a resident or company that maintains a physical address in the state of Kansas and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business in Kansas. Kansas businesses appoint registered agents on their formation documents, usually called articles of organization (LLCs) or articles of incorporation (corporations).
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Kansas Registered Agents:
What Do Kansas Registered Agents Do?
Your Kansas registered agent should, at minimum, accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail for your business at local address called a registered office.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Kansas Registered Agents?
According to Kansas state code § 17-6201, a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Kansas. No P.O. Boxes.
- Be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
How Do I Change My Kansas Registered Agent?
- File a Change of Registered Office or Agent form for the Kansas Division of Corporations.
- The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us.
- It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Kansas registered agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Kansas Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A Kansas Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Kansas?
We accept and scan all of our Kansas clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Wichita, KS.
Can I Use Your Kansas Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Kansas Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Kansas?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the secretary of state. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a Kansas registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
How Do Kansas Registered Agents Get Served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your Kansas registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court—because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How Do I Find A Kansas Registered Agent?
If you need to legally notify a business via their Kansas registered agent:
- Look up the company using the Kansas business name search.
- Type in the company name you want to find on the KS Secretary of State website
- Find the registered agent’s name and address
How To Order Kansas Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Kansas registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Kansas Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Kansas registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Kansas registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Kansas corporate compliance.