Kansas Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
A Kansas registered agent is a resident or company that maintains a physical address in the state of Kansas and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business in Kansas. Kansas businesses appoint registered agents on their formation documents, usually called articles of organization (LLCs) or articles of incorporation (corporations).
What Do Kansas Registered Agents Do?
Your registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
- Kansas registered agents must have a physical address in Kansas.
- Be open during normal business hours.
- Accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you.
Kansas Registered Agent Requirements:
According to Kansas state code § 17-6201, a registered agent must: Be able to accept legal documents. Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Kansas. No P.O. Boxes. A KS registered agent must be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
Why Do I Need A Kansas Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Kansas Registered Agent Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Kansas forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Kansas.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
How Do I Change My Registered Agent To Northwest?
- File a Change of Registered Office or Agent form for the Kansas Division of Corporations.
- The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us.
- It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Kansas registered agent page.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Kansas Registered Agent FAQs
Who Needs A Registered Agent In Kansas?
How Do I Find A Company’s Kansas Registered Agent?
If you need to legally notify a business via their Kansas registered agent:
- Look up the company using the Kansas business name search.
- Type in the company name you want to find on the KS Secretary of State website
- Find the registered agent’s name and address
How Is Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent. We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Kansas registered agent service, we scan everything from our office in Wichita, KS. Your Kansas registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just simply email you copies of your notices—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and view your documents. If you’d like, we can also arrange to call and mail you notices until you look at your documents.
Collections. We take in new clients everyday who are sick of their current registered agent’s billing policy. We never send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying,” and we take it to heart.
This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re great at it.
Should I Hire A Registered Agent In Kansas Before Or After I Start My Business In Kansas?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the secretary of state. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a Kansas registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Kansas?
We accept and scan all of our Kansas clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Wichita, KS.
How Do I Get Legal Notices Or Service Of Process From Northwest Registered Agent?
When we accept service of process or certified mail, we scan the documents into your online account from our office in Wichita, immediately. If you would like to learn more about how this process works, we created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Kansas Office?
- We don’t want all of your business mail. It’s not what we do. But we do try to be as helpful as possible in the rare event that we receive your regular mail.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Kansas, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
How Do I Get Started?
Place an order for Kansas registered agent service.
Fill out the forms you want to file.
Read our instructions and filing tips.
File your LLC or corporation with the Kansas Secretary of State.
You can place an order in your online account if you want us to do the filing for you.
The Kansas Secretary of State will process your filing. We’ll officially become your Kansas registered agent service provider.