Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How To Withdraw Your Foreign Nevada LLC Or Corporation


Nevada Secretary Of State Certificate Of Authority Cancellation Requirements And Instructions

Foreign LLC registered in Nevada:

To withdraw or cancel your foreign LLC in Nevada, you must provide the completed Certificate of Cancellation for a Foreign Limited-Liability Company Registration and Customer Order Instructions forms to the Secretary of State by mail, fax, email or in person, along with the filing fee.

Foreign corporation registered in Nevada:

To withdraw or cancel your foreign corporation in Nevada, you must provide the completed Foreign Withdrawal and Customer Order Instructions form to the Secretary of State by mail, fax, email or in person, along with the filing fee.

Foreign Nevada LLC or Corporation Withdrawal FAQ

How much does it cost to cancel your out of state registration with Nevada?

To withdraw/cancel your foreign business in Nevada, there is a $100 filing fee required.

Expedited service within 24 working hours is available for an additional $125 fee. Expedited service within two hours is available for an additional $500. One-hour service is available for an additional $1000.

Foreign LLC in Nevada
Foreign corporation in Nevada

Learn more about the Nevada registered agent resignation process.

Do you need a Nevada Department of Revenue clearance first?


How long does it take the state to process the withdrawal filing?

Your withdrawal will be processed in approximately one week. You may request one-day, two-hour or one-hour processing also with the appropriate fee.

You will receive a confirmation copy by the type of return service specified on the Customer Order Instructions form. You will also be able to verify that your document was filed from their website.

What agency do you need to file the withdrawal with?

Nevada Secretary of State
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701-4201
Phone: 775-684-5708
Fax: 775-684-5731
Email: sosmail@sos.nv.gov
Website: http://www.nvsos.gov

What happens if you don’t file a cancellation and just let your annual report filings go unfiled?

The Nevada Secretary of State requires all business entities to file an annual list and an annual state business license application. As soon as you miss your due date, you will be sent a written delinquency notice stating that your company’s status is now “Default,” and must be current by the following due date or your foreign entity will have its authority to transact business revoked. This delinquency notice will be delivered to your registered agent, so be sure your hire a dependable one like Northwest. We will notify you to log into your account and download your documents on the day we receive them.

If you just don’t file an annual report, how long before you lose your charter?

The Nevada Secretary of State will mail a written notice stating that your charter is in default as the annual report was not filed. If you do not respond by the following year due date in which the annual report filing was required, your charter to do business in Nevada will be revoked. If your business status has been revoked for 5 years or more, you will be permanently revoked and you will have to file as a new entity. If a company is administratively dissolved, it does not terminate the authority of its registered agent, unless a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent form is filed.

What are the late fees and penalties to re-register if you didn’t file a withdrawal correctly?

If you wish to re-register after your charter has been revoked for not withdrawing properly, all delinquent annual fees and late penalties must be paid. Limited liability companies pay $125 per year and $75 late penalty for missed annual listings. They also pay $200 per year and $100 late penalty for missed business license filings; as well as a reinstatement form and fee of $300 is required, if filed within five (5) years. Corporate fees and penalties are the same unless you have a large amount of authorized stock, in which case you would owe even more to re-register.

When You Want More