Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Washington

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Washington, you must file a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Certificate of Authority with the Washington Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail or in person. The Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Certificate of Authority for an Washington foreign nonprofit corporation costs $50 for online filings and $30 for mailed filings. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Certificate of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Washington. Or, you can simply sign up for our Washington Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Washington Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Washington. All for free.

2 Day Washington Foreign Nonprofit

$275 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Washington

How do I register my foreign non profit corporation in Washington State?

To register a foreign non profit in Washington, you file the Foreign Nonprofit Corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Washington Secretary of State. Deliver it by mail or in person with a certificate of existence from the home state and the filing fee. The best method of qualifying a foreign non profit is online.

What is the cost to register a foreign non profit in Washington?

The filing fee is $30 for mailed filings and $50 for online filings. Pay with check, money order or cash in person . Use a credit card when filing online.

How long does it take for Washington to process my foreign qualification?

Washington State can take several weeks to process mailed filings, but online filings take two business days.

However, the fastest way to register your foreign nonprofit in Washington is to file in person. Don’t have time to drive to Olympia? Hire Northwest and choose 1-day filing. For an additional courier fee, we’ll have a courier service deliver your paperwork to the Office of the Secretary of State.

*NOTICE: Washington Secretary of State is temporarily closed to the public, so walk-in filings are unavailable. This includes our 1-day filing option. Online filings, including our 2-day option, are still in service. 

How current does your certificate of existence need to be?

60 days.

Will I need a Washington Registered Agent for my foreign nonprofit?

Yes, you will need to name a Washington registered agent with a physical address. If you hire ‘Northwest’, you will have an online account with the all the forms you need to file already prepopulated with our info. You also get annual report reminders and all documents that we receive for you will be uploaded for you to view immediately.

Does the Washington registered agent need to sign my foreign qualification?

Yes, but it doesn’t need to be original.

How will Washington return my processed filing?

Washington State mails you a certificate of authority. If filed online, you will also receive an email.

Are there any annual report requirements for foreign nonprofits in Washington?

Yes, you must file an annual report by the end of your anniversary month. There is a $10 report fee. These annual reports are best filed online. See our link below. If the foreign non profit is a registered Washington charity, it will typically renew its registration each November 30th for $40. See our WA Charities registration page.

Are there any weird things about qualifying in Washington?

Washington State has stopped accepting fax filed documents, but it is actually quite handy to be able to easily qualify a foreign non profit in Washington online.

File with:

Washington Secretary of State
Corporations Division
801 Capitol Way South
P.O. Box 40234
Olympia, WA 98504-0234

Phone:  (360) 725-0377
Email:  corps@sos.wa.gov

Why us?

Our registered agent service in Washington is setting new standards for our industry on a monthly basis. You’ll have what you need to make the filing yourself in your account, or you can hire us to do the filing for you.

Washington Annual Report Online

Washington Nonprofit Tax Exemption

When You Want More