Processing. Please Wait.

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How to Change Your Registered Agent in Washington

To change your registered agent in Washington, you must complete and file a Statement of Change for Registered Agent form with the Washington Secretary of State, Corporation Division. The Washington Statement of Change for Registered Agent must be submitted by mail, in person, fax, or online and has a $20 filing fee for fax and online submissions. If you mail your Statement of Change for Registered Agent form, there is no fee. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Washington Statement of Change for Registered Agent paperwork for you and pay the state filing fee.

Free PDF Download

Download the Washington Statement of Change for Registered Agent form here

Do It Yourself Online

Sign up for a free account and fill out the Washington Statement of Change for Registered Agent form here

Washington Registered Agent Service

$125 Per Year
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 607 clients on Google

Steps to Changing Your Washington Registered Agent

If you would like to change your registered agent in Washington, you will need to complete the following three general steps:

  1. Select a new Washington registered agent. If you hire Northwest for our registered agent service, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you and pay your filing fee.
  2. Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
  3. Complete and submit your Washington Statement of Change for Registered Agent to the Washington Secretary of State, Corporation Division.

What are the options and different ways you can change your Washington registered agent?

The State of Washington has three methods of changing your registered agent. You can change your registered agent in Washington State by submitting the completed Statement of Change for Registered Agent/Office form, to the Secretary of State by mail, fax or in person.  The new registered agent must sign the consent line on the Statement of Change form, but it does not need to be an original signature.

Washington Secretary of State now offers online change of registered agent to businesses. Just click on the link below to fill out the online Statement of Change form.

You may also change your registered agent in Washington on your annual report, if it works out that you need to change your agent when your report is due. The easiest way to file an annual report in Washington State is online at the link found below. It is referred to as an Annual Renewal in Washington.

To ensure your former agent’s service and obligations come to a full stop, check out our Washington registered agent resignation page.

Changing Your Washington Registered Agent FAQs

What form do you file to change your registered agent in Washington?

The Washington Statement of Change Registered Agent/ Office form is in your online account immediately, if you sign up for registered agent service with Northwest.

Change Washington Registered Agent Online

Washington Secretary of State Online Renewal

How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Washington?

There is no fee required to change your registered agent with the Secretary of State in Washington when the Statement of Change form is mailed.

All fax and online submissions are $20. Expedited service is available for a $50 fee. You must write “EXPEDITE” on the outside of your envelope if filing by mail.

Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and you’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account.  Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state for you.  It’s that simple!

How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Washington?

Washington State will take approximately one month to process any document they receive unless you request expedite service, in which case the processing is approximately three to five days.

You will want to request a file stamped copy in your cover letter.

Can I be my own registered agent?

Yes, it is possible to be your own registered agent in Washington. Note, however, that you’ll need to be available to accept documents during regular business hours, and your name and address will become part of the permanent public record of your business.

How do I contact the Washington Secretary of State?

Washington Secretary of State
Corporation Division
801 Capitol Way S
PO Box 40234
Olympia WA 98504-0234
Phone: (360) 725-0377
Fax: (360) 664-8781 or (360) 664-0055
Website: Washington State SOS Corporations Division

Expect More From a Registered Agent

We have a team of Washington experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Washington Secretary of State requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Statement of Change for Registered Agent form and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.

  1. Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
  2. Instant Washington forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Washington.
  3. State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
  4. We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
  5. We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
  6. And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.

When You Want More