Missouri Annual Report Service & Filing Instructions
When You Want More
The state of Missouri requires all Missouri corporations and nonprofits to file an annual OR biennial registration report – depending on what your business chooses. Either way, you’ll need to submit your report to the Missouri Secretary of State, Corporations Division each year OR every other year. Missouri LLCs and LPs have no annual report filing requirements. This page provides easy-to-follow instructions for how to file your Missouri Annual Report yourself. Our guide includes due dates, filing fees, required information, and answers to any questions you may have along the way.
Need to file in another state? Visit our State-by-State Annual Report Guide.
How to File Your Missouri Annual Report
To successfully file your Missouri Annual Report, you must complete the following steps:
- Find your business’s due date and filing fee.
- Complete the report online OR print a paper form.
- Submit your report and filing fee to the Missouri Secretary of State.
Missouri Annual Report Due Dates and Fees
All Missouri corporations and nonprofits can elect to submit their reports annually OR biennially. If you choose to file your report every other year, then you will file your report every even-numbered year OR every odd-numbered year – depending on when you formed your business. For example, if you formed your company on April 25, 2020, then your first report will be due on April 25, 2022. However, if you registered on April 25, 2019, then your first report will be due April 25, 2021. If you elect to file annually, then your business must submit a report on your anniversary date each year.
Missouri Annual Report Fee Schedule
How to File
Corporations – foreign and domestic
Annual: $45 paper; $20 online*
Biennial: $90 paper; $40 online*
Online or Paper Form
Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Religious Corporations
Annual: $15 paper; $10 online*
Biennial: $30 paper; $20 online*
Online or Paper Form
Late Fees: Missouri will assess an additional $15 for every 30-day period no report is filed.
*Online filings will incur an additional $1.25 fee.
Don’t remember when you registered your business? You can easily find your anniversary date by searching the Missouri Business Database.
Filing Your Missouri Annual Report
To file your Missouri Annual Report online OR by mail, you’ll need to visit the Missouri Secretary of State website.
- Go to the Missouri Online Business Filing System and enter your login information. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one by clicking “Create Account.”
- Once you are successfully logged in, select “File/Print Registration Report.”
- You will be asked to enter your Missouri Charter Number. You can easily find yours by searching the Missouri Business Database.
- Click “File Online” OR “Print Blank Annual Report.”
Below is a complete list of everything you’ll need to include, verify, and/or update on your Missouri Annual Report:
- Principal address.
- Registered agent name and address. If you are updating/changing this information, you must include written consent from the new registered agent.
- Officer/director names and addresses.
- Signature, typed/printed name, and title of person filing the report.
If you choose to file online, you must pay the filing fee with a credit card. All online payments will incur an additional $1.25 fee. Mailed submissions must include a check or money order.
Don’t want to stress about remembering to file, late fees, or potential penalties? Hire Northwest Registered Agent to file your Missouri Annual Report for you!
Get Missouri Annual Report Service Today!GET STARTED
How Our Missouri Annual Report Service Works
For $100 plus the state-mandated report fee, we’ll file your annual report. For most domestic corporations, that’s $121.25
- You can sign up for this service by itself or add it to an existing service inside your client account. Compliance service is also automatically added when you hire us to provide your registered agent service or form your Missouri corporation or Missouri nonprofit.
- Once you’re signed up for our business renewal service, you’ll pay nothing up front. We’ll send you a reminder 90 days before your filing due date and auto-charge your preferred payment method five days later.
Annual Report Service Benefits
At Northwest Registered Agent, we’re committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. Missouri Annual Reports are public record, so we’ve designed our annual report service to protect your privacy. Here’s how:
- In order to preserve your privacy, we will list OUR contact information instead of yours on the report form.
- Only the minimum required information will be included.
- We will list our IP address – limiting the connection between your cell phone, personal computer, and work computers – this makes it harder for advertisers to follow you.
- We will list our bank and credit card information – not yours.
We believe everyone has the right to keep their information private. That’s why privacy is our guiding principle when we create every service and product.
Missouri Annual Report FAQ
Does the state of Missouri require initial reports?
Yes, all new corporations and nonprofits are required to file an initial report within 30 days of registering with the state. There is a $21.25 online filing fee and $45 for paper forms.
When you hire Northwest Registered Agent to form your Missouri business, we’ll file your initial report for you!
What happens if I forget to file my Missouri Annual Report?
The state will charge you $15 for every 30 days you are late. Also, your business may be administratively dissolve or revoked, if you are delinquent for more than 90 days.
Do Missouri LLCs need to file a Missouri Annual Report?
Nope! Missouri LLCs are not required to file annual reports. Hurray!
How long does it take to process a Missouri Annual Report?
Online filings are processed immediately. Mailed filings will take about 5 business days.
Who can file a Missouri Annual Report?
After starting a business in Missouri, your annual report can be filed by anyone authorized to do so. This can be someone within the company (such as a director) or someone outside who is hired to file on behalf of your business. When you hire Northwest Registered Agent for business renewal service, we’ll file your Missouri Annual Report for you!
Do Missouri Annual Reports need original signatures?
Yes and no. If you need to update or change your Missouri Registered Agent, then you must provide written consent from your new registered agent. This consent must include an original signature. Otherwise, your report can be filed with electronic signatures and/or copies of original documents.
Where can I get more information about the State of Missouri Annual Report filing?
Missouri Secretary of State
James C. Kirkpatrick State Information Center
P.O. Box 778
Jefferson City, MO 65102
600 W. Main Street
Missouri State Information Center, Room 322
Jefferson City, MO 65101
T: (573) 751-4153