Louisiana Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
A Louisiana resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Louisiana and is willing to accept legal documents and official mail on behalf of a business.
What Do Louisiana Registered Agents Do?
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Louisiana and get them to you.
- Louisiana registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Louisiana where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What Are The Requirements For Louisiana Registered Agents?
According to the Louisiana Laws (§12:104), whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Louisiana requires the same from its registered agents:
- The LA registered agent for service of process must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- LA registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Louisiana).
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
- If an individual is appointed, he or she must be at least 18 years of age.
Why Do I Need A Louisiana Registered Agent For Service Of Process?
- The state requires all Louisiana registered businesses to appoint one.
- The Secretary of State will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the state and general public have a reliable way to contact your business.
How To Change Your Louisiana Registered Agent:
- File a Notice of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office form with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Louisiana registered agent page.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Louisiana Registered Agent FAQs
Who Needs A Registered Agent In Louisiana?
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
Big data. If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Through our Online Service Manager, we’ll scan everything to you in real time. Your Louisiana registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state, and when you hire us for Louisiana registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Baton Rouge, LA. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. We utilize the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Louisiana registered agent service to help make sure you and whoever you want to be notified don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
Privacy. This shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” And this isn’t just a saying.
This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What’s The Difference Between Louisiana Registered Agent, Statutory Agent, Resident Agent, And Agent For Service Of Process Services?
Nothing except the name.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Louisiana?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Louisiana secretary of state will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Louisiana?
We accept and scan all of our Louisiana clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Baton Rouge, LA.
After You Accept Service Of Process, How Will You Get My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Baton Rouge within minutes to your online account.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Louisiana Office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Louisiana, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Louisiana Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
How do I search for a Louisiana registered agent?
- You can do a Louisiana business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Louisiana registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Do I Get Registered Agent Service In Louisiana?
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your Louisiana registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Louisiana secretary of state.
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Louisiana registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Louisiana registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Louisiana corporate paperwork formalities like the annual report.