Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Indiana

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Indiana, you must file a Certificate of Authority with the Indiana Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail. The Certificate of Authority for an Indiana foreign nonprofit corporation costs $75 to file with a paper form and $41 to file online. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Indiana. Or, you can simply sign up for our Indiana Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Indiana Foreign Nonprofit Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Indiana. All for free.

1 Day Indiana Foreign Nonprofit

$266 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide To Registering A Foreign Nonprofit In Indiana

Can my foreign nonprofit operate in Indiana?

Yes, but first you will need to apply for and obtain a Certificate of Authority from the Indiana Secretary of State.

How do I apply for a certificate of authority for my nonprofit corporation in Indiana?

You will fill out the Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Nonprofit Corporation form. Once you have filled it out, you will mail the original and one copy to the Indiana Secretary of State.

Is there a fee?

There is a filing fee of $75 for a paper form. Filing online is cheaper. The total online filing fee is $41 ($40 plus a $1 credit card fee).

Do I need to submit anything else?

Yes, a Certificate of Existence that has been issued by the secretary of state or another official under the jurisdiction where your foreign nonprofit corporation is incorporated.

How do I get a certificate of existence?

You will get the certificate of existence from the secretary of state in your home state (your home state is the state your nonprofit corporation was formed in).

What are filing times for documents in Indiana?

It will take Indiana approximately one week to process your paper foreign nonprofit qualification. Online filings are processed within a day.

Will I need an Indiana-based registered agent?

Yes, you will need to have an Indiana registered agent with an Indiana street address. Northwest Registered Agent can provide this service to your nonprofit for only $125 per year.

Does my foreign nonprofit need to file an annual report in Indiana?

Yes, domestic Indiana nonprofits and foreign nonprofits will need to file a report every year. The due date is the last day of your anniversary month every year. There are no initial report requirements in Indiana. The cost is $7.14 online or $10 by mail.

Where would I send the Application for Certificate of Authority ?

IN Secretary of State
Corporations Division
302 W. Washington St., Rm. EO18
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Are there any other Indiana state registrations?

Register with the IN Department of Revenue and apply for Indiana tax exemption.

When You Want More