Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Kentucky

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Kentucky, you must file a Certificate of Authority with the Kentucky Secretary of State’s Division of Business Filings. You can submit this document by mail, by fax, in person, or online. The Certificate of Authority for a Kentucky foreign nonprofit corporation costs $90 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Kentucky. Or, you can simply sign up for our Kentucky Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Certificate of Authority for a Kentucky foreign nonprofit corporation. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Kentucky. All for free.

1 Day Kentucky Foreign Nonprofit

$315 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Kentucky

How do I register my foreign nonprofit corporation in Kentucky?

File a Certificate of Authority with the Kentucky Secretary of State’s Division of Business Filings. The form can be filed online, in person, by mail, or via fax.

What kind of information is required on the Kentucky Certificate of Authority?

Include the following on the form:

  • Nonprofit corporation name
  • Your registered agent with the registered agent’s signature (it need not be an original signature)
  • The names and addresses of at least three of the nonprofit corporation’s representatives (secretary, officers and directors, managers, or trustees)
  • A signature from anyone authorized to sign the certificate of authority

What’s the cost to file a Certificate of Authority in Kentucky?

It costs $90 to file a certificate of authority for foreign nonprofit corporations.

Do I need any kind of certificate or paperwork from my home state?

No, Kentucky does not require any additional paperwork.

Will I need a registered agent in Kentucky for my foreign nonprofit corporation?

Absolutely! When you hire Northwest Registered Agent as your Kentucky registered agent, it’s a flat rate of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account.

Does the Kentucky registered agent have to sign the Certificate of Authority?

Yep, but a copy of the signature will suffice. If you hire Northwest Registered Agent, our forms include a copy of the registered agent’s signature.

What kind of annual requirements does Kentucky have for foreign nonprofit corporations?

Your foreign Kentucky nonprofit corporation will have to file an annual report by June 30th.

Additional Kentucky Foreign Nonprofit Resources:

Kentucky Charity Registration
Kentucky Nonprofit Tax Exemptions

File your Certificate of Authority with:

Kentucky Secretary of State
Room 154, Capitol Building
700 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (502)564-3490
Website: http://www.sos.ky.gov/bus/business-filings/Pages/default.aspx

When You Want More