Create a Free Account

Register a Foreign Corporation in Oklahoma

To register a foreign corporation in Oklahoma, you must file an Oklahoma Certificate of Qualification with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail, by fax, in person, or online. The Certificate of Qualification for a foreign Oklahoma corporation costs $300 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Qualification and register a foreign corporation in Oklahoma. Or, sign up for our Oklahoma Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Oklahoma Certificate of Qualification. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Oklahoma. All for free.

When You Want More, Get More

Hire Northwest and let the experts register your Foreign Corporation in Oklahoma. Includes 1 year of registered agent service.

$530 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 788 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Oklahoma

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Oklahoma?

$300 minimum fee for normal processing (the fee is based on either total authorized capital OR capital invested in Oklahoma).
$300 for non-profit.
$100 additional for SOS as registered agent.
$25 additional for expedited processing (in person only).

If paying by credit card, there’s also a processing fee (4% of the transaction total).

How long does it take for the state to process the Oklahoma Certificate of Authority?

Oklahoma accepts applications by mail, by fax, in person, or online.

Online: Oklahoma processes online filings in 2-3 business days.
Mail/Fax: Oklahoma processes mailed applications in 8-10 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person: Oklahoma processes in person filings in 2-3 business days. Pay an additional $25 and the state will process it while you wait (in person only).

How will I get verification of qualification back from Oklahoma?

You will receive a file stamped copy of your form and a certificate by mail.

What forms do I file with Oklahoma to qualify my out of state Corporation?

The Certificate of Qualification form, a Certificate of Good Standing, and the filing fee are required.

What do I need from my home state?

Certificate of Good Standing or Existence is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

It must be dated within the last 60 days.

Will I need an Oklahoma registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive OK annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service in Oklahoma.

Does the Oklahoma registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Oklahoma Certificate of Authority?

By mail, fax, in person or online.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Oklahoma Secretary of State
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 101
State Capitol Building
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4897
Phone: (405)521-3912 or (405)522-2520
Fax: (405) 521-3771

Do the signatures on the Oklahoma corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

The president and the secretary of the corporation must sign the form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Oklahoma?

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

A registered agent fee in the amount of $100 per year is payable upon qualification and July 1 of each subsequent year. Your check MUST be made payable and MAILED to the Oklahoma Tax Commission, 2501 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73194. You will be notified regarding this fee. A lot of people hire Northwest in addition to the Secretary of State because they will only mail service of process to you by certified mail. Northwest will upload and email the information to you immediately and you can manage these documents in your online account.

Are there ongoing Oklahoma annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Foreign Oklahoma corporations must file the Oklahoma Annual Business Activity Tax Return by July 1st every year and pay a minimum of $125 in fees to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. The amount of the fee is based on how much business capital the company has invested or is using in Oklahoma.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Oklahoma registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Oklahoma. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional OK Corporation Resources:

Oklahoma Taxes

Withdraw a Foreign Oklahoma Corporation

When You Want More