Oklahoma Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
An Oklahoma registered agent is an individual resident or company that accepts service of process and other legal notifications on behalf of a Oklahoma business. It is required by Oklahoma state law to maintain both a registered agent as well as a registered office where that agent can be contacted. At Northwest we provide both and when we accept legal documents and official business mail on your behalf, we contact you immediately and upload those documents to your secure online client account for you to view.
With our Oklahoma registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, business address, free mail forwarding, free Phone Service for 60 days, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Oklahoma Registered Agents:
What Do Oklahoma Registered Agents Do?
An Oklahoma registered agent is a resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Oklahoma and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business. The registered agent must be able to accept any notice, demand, or service of process required by law to be served on the business.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Oklahoma Registered Agents?
According to the Oklahoma state statutes (Title 18, Section 1022 (corporations) and Section 2010 (LLCs)) the state of Oklahoma requires from a registered agent:
- Must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Oklahoma).
- Must accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
How Do I Change My Oklahoma Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Oklahoma.
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you for free.
- Do it yourself and file a Change of Registered Agent form with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. There is a $25 fee to file this form.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Oklahoma Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need An Okahoma Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Oklahoma?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Oklahoma. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, an Oklahoma registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Oklahoma?
We accept and scan all of our Oklahoma clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Oklahoma City, OK.
Can I Use Your Oklahoma Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Please do! We’re the only national registered agent service that lets our clients to use our address for everything on the Oklahoma corporation or LLC filings. This way you don’t have to list your own private information. It stays off the public record.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Oklahoma Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Oklahoma?
Hire us first. The Secretary of State will not accept your corporation or LLC filing if you do not list your Oklahoma registered agent. When you choose Northwest, this also makes things easier on you because after you sign up we provide all the forms and filing instructions you need to file your paperwork with the state.
How Do Oklahoma Registered Agents Get Served?
Service of process on a registered agent is legal proof that your has been notified. This is true whether you actually receive the documents from your Oklahoma registered agent, or not. Once the registered agent accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court—because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How Do I Search For An Oklahoma Registered Agent?
- Perform an Oklahoma business name search with the Secretary of State
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- The registered agent’s name and registered office street address should be listed with the company’s details.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Oklahoma registered agent service, send a certified letter to the Oklahoma registered agent at their registered office address.
How Do I Resign From Being A Registered Agent In Oklahoma?
In Oklahoma, to resign as a registered agent, you need to submit a Resignation of Registered Agent form to the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s Business Filing Department. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can refer to our guide on how to resign as a registered agent in Oklahoma.
How To Order Oklahoma Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Oklahoma registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Oklahoma Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Oklahoma registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Oklahoma registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with state corporate compliance.