Oklahoma Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
An Oklahoma registered agent service accepts service of process and other legal notifications on behalf of Oklahoma businesses. When we accept legal documents and official business mail on your behalf, we contact you immediately and upload those documents to your secure online client account for you to view.
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Oklahoma Registered Agents:
What Do Oklahoma Registered Agents Do?
According to the Oklahoma state statutes (Title 18, Section 1021 and Section 1022): An Oklahoma registered agent is a resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Oklahoma and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business. The registered agent must be able to accept any notice, demand, or service of process required by law to be served on the business.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Oklahoma Registered Agents?
Whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC) or corporation, the state of Oklahoma requires the same from a registered agent:
- Oklahoma registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Oklahoma resident agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Oklahoma).
- Oklahoma registered agents must accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
How Do I Change My Oklahoma Registered Agent?
- File a change of agent form with the Oklahoma Secretary of the State.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Oklahoma registered agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Oklahoma Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need An Okahoma Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Oklahoma?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Oklahoma. However, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, an Oklahoma registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours 5 days a week.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Oklahoma?
We accept and scan all of our Oklahoma clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Oklahoma City, OK.
Can I Use Your Oklahoma Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Please do! We’re the only national registered agent service that lets our clients to use our address for everything on the Oklahoma corporation or LLC filings. This way you don’t have to list your own private information. It stays off the public record.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Oklahoma Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Oklahoma?
Hire us first. The Secretary of State will not accept your corporation or LLC filing if you do not list your Oklahoma registered agent. When you choose Northwest, this also makes things easier on you because after you sign up we provide all the forms and filing instructions you need to file your paperwork with the state.
How Do Oklahoma Registered Agents Get Served?
Service of process on a registered agent is legal proof that your has been notified. This is true whether you actually receive the documents from your Oklahoma registered agent, or not. Once the registered agent accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court—because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How Do I Search For An Oklahoma Registered Agent?
- Perform an Oklahoma business name search with the Secretary of State
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- The registered agent’s name and registered office street address should be listed with the company’s details.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Oklahoma registered agent service, send a certified letter to the Oklahoma registered agent at their registered office address.
How To Order Oklahoma Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Oklahoma registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Oklahoma Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Oklahoma registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Oklahoma registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with state corporate compliance.