Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Corporation in Wyoming

To register a foreign corporation in Wyoming, you must file a Wyoming Application for Certificate of Authority with the Wyoming Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail or in person. The Certificate of Authority for a foreign Wyoming corporation costs $150 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Wyoming. Or, sign up for our Wyoming Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Wyoming Application for Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Wyoming. All for free.

Wyoming Foreign Corporation

$325 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Wyoming

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Wyoming?

$150 for normal processing. $50 for non-profit.

How long does it take for the state to process the Wyoming Certificate of Authority?

All Normal Processing: 10 business days, plus additional time for mailing.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Wyoming?

You will receive a copy of your filed form by email.

What forms do I file with Wyoming to qualify my out of State Corporation?

The Application for Certificate of Authority form (in duplicate), a Certificate of Existence, the Consent to Appointment by Registered Agent form (in duplicate) and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

A Certificate of Existence/Good Standing is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

It must be current with 60 days of filing.

Will I need an Wyoming registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year. You’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Wyoming registered agent need to sign the filing?

Yes. And the Wyoming registered agent signature must be an original.

How can I file the Wyoming Certificate of Authority?

By mail or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Wyoming Secretary of State
State Capitol Building, Room 110
200 West 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020
Phone: (307)777-7311

Do the signatures on the Wyoming corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

The Chairman of the Board, President or another of the officers must sign the form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Wyoming?

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Wyoming annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Yes, Wyoming annual reports are due on the first of the month in each

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have a Wyoming registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Wyoming. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

When You Want More