Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Oklahoma

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Oklahoma, you must file a Certificate of Qualification with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail, by fax, or in person. The Certificate of Qualification for an Oklahoma foreign nonprofit corporation costs $300 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Qualification and register a foreign nonprofit in Oklahoma. Or, you can simply sign up for our Oklahoma Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Oklahoma Foreign Nonprofit Certificate of Qualification. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Oklahoma. All for free.

3 Day Oklahoma Foreign Nonprofit

$530 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Oklahoma

How do I register my foreign non-profit corporation in Oklahoma?

File a Certificate of Qualification with the Oklahoma Secretary of State. You can file online, by mail, fax, or in person.

What kind of information is required on the Oklahoma Certificate of Authority?

Include the following on the form:

  • Nonprofit corporation name.
  • Additional registered agent information.
  • A signature from the organization’s president or vice president, and a signature from.
  • Nonprofit corporation’s purpose.
  • A Certificate of Good Standing from the nonprofit’s home state, dated within 90 days of the filing.

How much does it cost to qualify a foreign nonprofit in Oklahoma?

The filing fee is $300. You can pay with a credit card, check, money order, or cash if you file in person.

If paying by credit card, there’s also a processing fee of 4% of the transaction total.

Do I need any kind of paperwork from my home state?

Yes, you’ll need to attach a Certificate of Good Standing dated within 60 days of the filing.

Will I need a registered agent in Oklahoma for my foreign non-profit corporation?

Absolutely! When you hire Northwest Registered Agent as your registered agent, it’s a flat rate of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account.

Does the Oklahoma registered agent need to sign the Certificate of Authority?

No. The registered agent in Oklahoma doesn’t need to sign the certificate of authority.

Do foreign non-profit corporations need to file annual report?

No. However, foreign nonprofit corporations in Oklahoma are required to pay a $100 annual registered agent fee to the OK Secretary of State. The fee is payable upon qualification and July 1 of each subsequent year. Your check MUST be made payable and MAILED to the Oklahoma Tax Commission, 2501 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73194. You will be notified regarding this fee. A lot of people hire Northwest in addition to the Secretary of State because they will only mail service of process to you by certified mail. Northwest will upload and email the information to you immediately and you can manage these documents in your online account.

Additional Non-Profit Resources:

Oklahoma Non-Profit Tax Exemption

Oklahoma Charity Registration

File your Certificate of Authority with:

Secretary of State
State of Oklahoma
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 101, State Capitol
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105-4897
Phone: (405) 522-2520
Website: www.sos.ok.gov/

When You Want More