Arrow Graphic

COVID-19 Update:

As an essential business, we’re open, fully operational, and all services are active and available!

Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC Menu Menu
Start Here

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How To Withdraw A Foreign Wyoming LLC Or Corporation


Wyoming Secretary of State Certificate of Authority Cancellation Requirements and Instructions

Foreign LLC registered in Wyoming:

To withdraw or cancel your foreign LLC in Wyoming, you submit in duplicate the completed Foreign Limited Liability Company Application for Certificate of Withdrawal to the Secretary of State by mail or in person, along with the filing fee.

Foreign Corporation registered in Wyoming:

To withdraw or cancel your foreign Corporation in Wyoming, you submit in duplicate the completed Foreign Profit Corporation Application for Certificate of Withdrawal to the Secretary of State by mail or in person, along with the filing fee.

After the withdrawal of the corporation is effective, service of process on the secretary of state is considered legal service on the foreign entity.

Foreign Wyoming LLC or Corporation Withdrawal FAQ

How much does it cost to cancel your out of state registration with Wyoming?

To withdraw/cancel your Wyoming foreign LLC , there is a $50 filing fee required.

Do you need a Wyoming Department of Revenue clearance first?


How long does it take the state to process the withdrawal filing?

Your foreign withdrawal in Wyoming will take approximately one week to be processed.

You will receive a file stamped copy by mail. You will be able to verify your document has been filed directly from the Secretary of State Website also.

What agency do you need to file the withdrawal with?

Wyoming Secretary of State
State Capitol Building, Room 110
200 West 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020
Phone: 307-777-7311
Fax: 307-777-5339
Email: business@state.wy.us
Website: http://soswy.state.wy.us/

What happens if you don’t file a cancellation and just let your annual report filings go unfiled?

If you do not file your annual report and pay the required fee, you will receive a written notice of your delinquent status by mail, stating that you must be in compliance within 60 days or your business entity status will be revoked and deemed defunct.

If you just don’t file an annual report, how long before you lose your Certificate of Authority?

You forfeit your certificate of authority in 60 days from the date of the delinquency notice. So you lose your authority to do business in Wyoming in approximately 70 to 80 days from the due date of your annual report.

An involuntary revocation of a foreign entity’s certificate of authority does not terminate the authority of the registered agent of the business.

What are the late fees and penalties to re-register if you didn’t file a withdrawal correctly?

Any foreign entity that has voluntarily withdrawn or been administratively revoked will need to re-file and re-qualify all over again as a new entity, including the $100 filing fee.

A foreign company has the right to appeal a revocation by petitioning the district court within thirty days of receiving a certificate of revocation from Wyoming.

Do Business The Right Way