Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Nevada Sales And Use Tax Exemption



How can I get an exemption from Nevada sales/use tax for my non profit?

Nevada has no corporate tax and nonprofits are exempt from the annual business license fee if they obtain 501(c) tax-exempt status with the IRS, but your nonprofit will still need to apply for sales tax exemption if your purpose is religious, charitable or educational.

Nevada sales tax differs by county from 6 to 8 percent.

File the completed Application for Sales/Use Tax Exemption for Religious/Charitable/Educational Organizations with a copy of your IRS determination letter to the Nevada Department of Taxation. Also include your bylaws, articles of incorporation, a financial statement and an outline of your charitable activities. The application comes with detailed instructions. There is no filing fee.

Will I need to renew my exemption?

The NV Department of Taxation will issue a letter of exemption if your application is approved. You will have to reapply every five years and the department will notify you 90 days before your NV sales tax exemption expires.

Submit your application to:

Nevada Department of Taxation
1550 E. College Parkway #115
Carson City, NV 89706-7921

Phone: (775) 684-2000

Additional Nevada Resources

501c3 Tax Exempt Status

Nevada Nonprofits

Nevada Charity Registration

This comprehensive guide to obtaining and maintaining 501c3 status from the IRS includes information on how to prepare your nonprofit to apply for 501c3 status, as well as information about the forms and fees required by the IRS.

This guide overviews and includes the special tax-exempt language a 501c3 nonprofit organization must include as part of its articles of incorporation. 

When You Want More