Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Register a Foreign Corporation in Alaska

To register a foreign corporation in Alaska, you must file an Alaska Foreign Business Corporation Certificate of Authority with the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. You can submit this document by mail or online. The Certificate of Authority for a foreign Alaska corporation costs $350 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Alaska. Or, sign up for our Alaska Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Alaska Foreign Business Corporation Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Alaska. All for free.

When You Want More, Get More

Hire Northwest and let an expert register your Foreign Corporation in Alaska. Includes 1 year of registered agent service.

$575 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 607 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Alaska

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Alaska?

It costs $350 to register a foreign Alaska corporation.

How long does it take for the state to process the Alaska Certificate of Authority?

Alaska accepts applications online or by mail. State filing times depend on your method of filing.

  • Online: Alaska processes online filings immediately.
  • Mail: Alaska will process mailed filings in 10-15 business days from March-September, and 15+ days from October through February. You’ll need to also factor in extra processing time for your mailed application to reach Alaska’s Division of Corporations.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Alaska?

You will receive a copy of your filed document with a date stamp on it as well as a certificate by mail.

What forms do I file with Alaska to qualify my out of state corporation?

You’ll need to file the Alaska Certificate of Authority, Foreign Business Corporation online or by mail.

What do I need from my home state?


Will I need an Alaska registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your AK annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Alaska registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Alaska Certificate of Authority?

By mail, by fax, in person, or online. If faxing your request, a credit card form is required.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Division of Corporations
Business and Professional Licensing
Corporations Section
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806
Phone: (907)465-2550

Do the signatures on the Alaska corporation application need to be original?

Yes, if mailing or in person.

Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

The president or vice president and its secretary or an assistant secretary must sign the application. If the same person holds both positions, two different people must sign, unless the same person holds all positions.

Are there any weird things about registering in Alaska?

The number of business and cooperative corporation shares, if any, is required. The number of issued shares, if any, is also required. The names and addresses of the officers and directors is required. The name and address of each person/entity owning 5% or more of the shares or 5% of any class of shares and the percentage of those shares owned by each person/entity is required. The six-digit NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) grouping code, which most clearly describes the initial activities of the corporation is required. More information about the NAICS codes can be found on the Alaska DOC’s corporation web page.

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Alaska reporting requirements?

Yes. Biennial reports are due every two years on January 2nd for for-profit corporations and on July 2nd for nonprofit corporations. Check out our Alaska biennial reports page for more information.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Alaska registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Alaska. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional AK Corporation Resources:

Alaska Taxes
Withdraw a Foreign Alaska Corporation

When You Want More