Kentucky Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
A Kentucky resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Kentucky and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business. The agent must be capable of accepting service of any process, notice, or demand required by law to be served on a business.
What Do Kentucky Registered Agents Do?
Kentucky Registered Agents accept documents on behalf of your business in Kentucky, get them to you and keep normal business hours.
Why Do I Need A Kentucky Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
What Are The Requirements For Kentucky Registered Agents?
According to the Kentucky state statute (§14A.4-010), whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Kentucky requires the same from its registered agents:
- The KY registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Kentucky registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Kentucky where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
Note: In order to accept the appointment of service, a registered agent in Kentucky must either sign the appointing document (the company’s formation document) or submit a written statement to the secretary of state acknowledging the appointment.
How to change your Kentucky registered agent:
- File a Statement of Change of Principal Office Address, Registered Agent and/or Registered Office Address form with the Kentucky Secretary of State. Or, you can also change agents online on the secretary of state’s website. The fee to change agents is $10 (add another $10 if you’re also changing your principal business address).
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Kentucky registered agent page.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Kentucky Registered Agent FAQs
Who Needs A Registered Agent In Kentucky?
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
Big data. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money. We don’t save your “big data” and offer it to others.
We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Your Kentucky registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state and when you hire us for Kentucky registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Lexington, KY. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our service system utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Kentucky registered agent service to help make sure you, and whoever you want to be notified, you don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
Privacy. This shouldn’t be a decision you make lightly. When some random person or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private. Our staff is trained not to give away your information. Our in-house data security professionals stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” And this isn’t just a saying.
This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Kentucky Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Kentucky?
We accept and scan all of our Kentucky clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Richmond, KY.
After You Accept Service Of Process, How Will You Get My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Richmond within minutes to your online account.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Kentucky Office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Kentucky, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in minutes.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Kentucky?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Kentucky Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Kentucky Registered Agents Get Served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your Kentucky registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
How To Search For A Kentucky Registered Agent:
If you want to legally notify a business through their Kentucky registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address. To find a company’s Kentucky registered agent:
- You can do a Kentucky business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
How Do I Get Registered Agent Service In Kentucky?
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your registered agent after you complete your business registration filing with the Kentucky Secretary of State’s Division of Business Filings.
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Kentucky registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Kentucky registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Kentucky corporate paperwork formalities like the Kentucky annual report.