Kentucky Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Kentucky business forms to file
- Kentucky filing tips
- KY company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
- Use Our Address - Not Yours
- Local Document Scans in Real Time
- Local Corporate Guides™ In Every State
What is a Kentucky registered agent?
- A Kentucky resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in Kentucky and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business.
- The agent must be capable of accepting service of any process, notice, or demand required by law to be served on a business.
Kentucky Registered Agent Service
Why do I need a Kentucky registered agent?
- The state requires all Kentucky registered businesses to appoint a registered agent.
- The Secretary of State’s Division of Business Filings will reject your business’ registration if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the general public and the state have a reliable way to contact your business in Kentucky.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- It’s not personal, but you’ll likely struggle with your Kentucky business filing. Why? Because Kentucky business registration filings can be confusing. But we do them every day and when you hire us, as part of our registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the process of starting your new business. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
- This is only the beginning. Registering your business in Kentucky is only the beginning. When you form an LLC or corporation, each year you’ll have ongoing reports like the Kentucky Business Services annual report (this is due to the secretary of state each year by June 30th). We offer complete corporate services in Kentucky. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you with not only a reminder, but the forms you need to file already prepopulated with your information on them. No upsells.
- Free tools. We don’t simply send you a bill for providing registered agent service, we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your LLC, nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of Kentucky business. You need only enter your information once, and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- Big data. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money. We don’t save your “big data” and offer it to others.
- We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Your Kentucky registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state and when you hire us for Kentucky registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Lexington, KY. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our service system utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Kentucky registered agent service to help make sure you, and whoever you want to be notified, you don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
- Privacy. This shouldn’t be a decision you make lightly. When some random person or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private. Our staff is trained not to give away your information. Our in-house data security professionals stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” And this isn’t just a saying.
- This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What do Kentucky registered agents do?
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Kentucky and get them to you.
- Keep normal business hours.
What are the requirements for Kentucky registered agents?
According to the Kentucky state statute (§14A.4-010), whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of Kentucky requires the same from its registered agents:
- The KY registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Kentucky registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Kentucky where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
Note: In order to accept the appointment of service, a registered agent in Kentucky must either sign the appointing document (the company’s formation document) or submit a written statement to the secretary of state acknowledging the appointment.
How to search for a Kentucky registered agent:
If you want to legally notify a business through their Kentucky registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address. To find a company’s Kentucky registered agent:
- You can do a Kentucky business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
How to change your Kentucky registered agent:
- File a Statement of Change of Principal Office Address, Registered Agent and/or Registered Office Address form with the Kentucky Secretary of State. Or, you can also change agents online on the secretary of state’s website. The fee to change agents is $10 (add another $10 if you’re also changing your principal business address).
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Kentucky registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Kentucky?
We accept and scan all of our Kentucky clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Richmond, KY.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Richmond within minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your Kentucky office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Kentucky, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in minutes.
Can I use the address of your Kentucky registered office for everything on my business filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
How do Kentucky registered agents get served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your Kentucky registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
How do I get registered agent service in Kentucky?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your registered agent after you complete your business registration filing with the Kentucky Secretary of State’s Division of Business Filings.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Kentucky registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Kentucky registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Kentucky corporate paperwork formalities like the Kentucky annual report.
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in Kentucky?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Kentucky Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How do I get started?
- Place an order for Kentucky registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation formation documents with the Kentucky Secretary of State’s Division of Business Filings.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The Kentucky Secretary of State will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Kentucky registered agent.