Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Corporation in Arkansas

To register a foreign corporation in Arkansas, you must file an Arkansas Application for Certificate of Authority with the Arkansas Secretary of State, Business and Commercial Services. You can submit this document by mail, in person, or online. The Application for Certificate of Authority for a foreign Arkansas corporation costs $270 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Application for Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Arkansas. Or, sign up for our Arkansas Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Arkansas Application for Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Arkansas. All for free.

2 Day Arkansas Foreign Corporation

$495 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 556 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Arkansas

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Arkansas?

$270 for online filing. $300 for paper filing. $45 for non-profit online filing. $50 for non-profit paper filing.

How long does it take for the state to process the Arkansas Certificate of Authority?

Online Processing: 24 business hours.
Normal Processing: 24-48 business hours, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person Processing: while you wait.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Arkansas?

You will receive a confirmation number and certificate if filing online or by regular mail if paper filing.

What forms do I file with Arkansas to qualify my out of State Corporation?

A Certificate of Existence (or similar document) dated within 30 days of filing with Arkansas, or a Certified Copy of Amendments as filed in your state of incorporation dated within 60 days of filing with Arkansas. If filing online, you will need to fax or email the required document to them prior to and within seven days of completing your online filing. If not filing online, you will need to provide the Application for Certificate of Authority form and a Certificate of Existence.

What do I need from my home state?

You will need a Certificate of Existence or Certified Copy of Amendments. (Even though the paper application form says that a Certificate of Existence is required, a certified copy of your amendments is also acceptable.)

Does it need to be an original copy?

Not if filing online.

How current does the certificate need to be?

Certificate needs to be dated within 30 days. Certified copy needs to be dated within 60 days.

Will I need an Arkansas registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent service, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year. You’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Arkansas registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Arkansas Certificate of Authority?

You can file by mail, in person or online.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Arkansas Secretary of State
Business and Commercial Services
250 Victory Building
1401 W. Capitol
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501)682-3409 or (888)233-0325
Fax: (501)682-3437
Email: arkansascorporations@live.com

Do the signatures on the Arkansas corporation application need to be original?

Yes, if mailing your application.

Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

An authorized officer needs to sign the application.

Are there any weird things about registering in Arkansas?

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Arkansas annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Arkansas annual reports are due May 1st for profit corporations, and August 1st for non-profit corporations.

You may also want to learn about Arkansas taxes.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Arkansas registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Arkansas. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any State you choose. We have offices in every State and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any State. If you would like to register with multiple States at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional Resources:

Arkansas corporation
Withdraw foreign corporation from Arkansas

When You Want More