Arrow Graphic

COVID-19 Update:

As an essential business, we’re open, fully operational, and all services are active and available!

Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC Menu Menu
Start Here

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Louisiana

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Louisiana, you must file an Application for Authority to Transact Business in Louisiana with the Louisiana Secretary of State, Commercial Division. You can submit this document by mail or online. The Application for Authority to Transact Business in Louisiana for an Louisiana foreign nonprofit corporation costs $125 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file Application for Authority to Transact Business in Louisiana and register a foreign nonprofit in Louisiana. Or, you can simply sign up for our Louisiana Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Louisiana Application for Authority to Transact Business in Louisiana. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Louisiana. All for free.

2 Day Louisiana Foreign Nonprofit

$355 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 123 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Louisiana

How do I register my foreign non-profit in Louisiana?

You will file an Application for Authority to Transact Business in Louisiana. This can be done online or via mail.

How can I access the online form?

Go to the Louisiana secretary of state website, hover over the “Business Services” link along the top, and then click the “File Business Documents” link that will appear below. Choose the “File Original Documents” link, and then choose the “Foreign Corporation Certificate of Authority” option and click Continue at the bottom.

Will I need a certificate of good standing?

Yes, and it has to be dated within 90 days of your Application for Authority to Transact Business.

Is there a fee for registering a foreign non-profit in Louisiana?

As of August 1, 2013 the fee will be $125.

Where do I send my application by mail?

Commercial Division
P.O. Box 94125
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125

Are there any name restrictions?

The name just has to be identical to the name on your certificate of good standing. Also, if your non-profit organization’s name includes the words “engineer”, “engineering”, “surveyor”, or “surveying,” contact the Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board before submitting your application of authority.

Will my non-profit be required to file an annual report in Louisiana?

Yes. Domestic Louisiana non-profits and foreign non-profits registered in Louisiana must file annual reports. The reports are due by the organizations filing anniversary each year. The fee is $25.

Do I need a LA registered agent?

Yes, you will need to have a Louisiana registered agent with a Louisiana street address. We can provide this service for you starting at $125 per year.

How long will it take Louisiana to file my documents?

About one week.

Are there any other Louisiana state registrations I should know about?

Apply for Louisiana tax exempt status with the Louisiana Department of Revenue.

Also register with the Department of Justice as a Louisiana charity.

Do Business The Right Way