Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How To File A Washington LLC Amendment

Step by step guide to Washington LLC amendments

How to file a Washington LLC Amendment:

To make amendments your limited liability company in Washington, you submit the completed Amended Certificate of Formation/Registration form to the Secretary of State by mail, by fax or in person, along with the filing fee.

Can you re-state the initial articles instead of filing an amendment?

Yes. However, there is no form available. If you wish to re-state the initial articles you must provide the original company name and filing date. You will need to review RCW 25.15.100 to be sure your restated articles are going to be accepted. You may want to call the Secretary of State to see if an amendment or restatement is best for your specific situation.

Are there any specifics you can or can’t include with a Washington LLC amendment?

Yes, you cannot change your members or managers with this amendment form. Those changes require a separate form that is not offered on the Secretary of State Website. You can change the members by filing an Amended Annual report through the Secretary of State’s online portal, or you can call the Corporations Division at (360) 725-0377 and they will send it to you.

How much does a Washington Limited Liability Company amendment cost?

To amend your LLC in Washington, there is a $30 filing fee required.

Expedited service and fax filing is available for an additional $50.

How long does it take the state to process a Washington Limited Liability Company amendment?

Amendment processing is one month minimum unless you request expedited service, which is approximately one week.

How will the LLC amendment be returned?

You will want to request a file stamped copy in your cover letter.

What state agency do you file an amendment with?

Washington Secretary of State

Corporation Division

801 Capitol Way S

PO Box 40234

Olympia WA 98504-0234

Phone: (360) 725-0377

Fax: (360) 664-8781 or (360) 664-0055

Website: Washington State SOS Corporations Division

Can you change the Washington LLC members or managers on an amendment?

No. You can change members by filing an amended annual report on the Secretary of State’s online portal, or you can contact the Washington Secretary of State office to obtain the appropriate form to change the members or managers of your LLC.

Can you change the Washington registered agent on the amendment?

Yes. You are able to change the registered agent by filing the Amendment for Formation form.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on an LLC amendment?

Yes. You can change the principal office address and mailing address via the amendment form.​

Which amendment form should I use?

In order to change something like your LLC’s name, business type, registered agent, and principal address, you’ll need to fill out the Amendment for Formation Limited Liability Company form and file it with the Washington Secretary of State office.

When You Want More