Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How To Withdraw A Foreign Louisiana LLC Or Corporation


Louisiana Secretary of State Certificate of Withdrawal Requirements & Instructions

You surrender your authority to transact business in Louisiana by obtaining a Certificate of Withdrawal from the Secretary of State. There is one form for both foreign corporations and foreign LLCs and it will need to be notarized. You may submit in duplicate the Application for Withdrawal of a Foreign Corporation/Limited Liability Company from the State of Louisiana along with the filing fee to the Commercial Division of the Secretary of State; or you may submit it online by clicking on “Subsequent Filings” and entering your Charter Number at the link found below. The paper application form must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public, as most Louisiana corporate filings are in the form of an affidavit.

Foreign Louisiana LLC or Corporation Withdrawal FAQ

How much does it cost to cancel an out of state registration with Louisiana?

To withdraw your foreign corporation there is a $100 filing fee.
To withdraw your foreign limited liability company in Louisiana, the filing fee is $125.

Do you need a Louisiana Department of Revenue clearance first?

When the Louisiana Secretary of State receives your Application for Withdrawal, they will request clearance from the Department of Revenue, possibly even the Department of Motor Vehicles and EPA, depending on your business, and notify you that your Certificate of Withdrawal will be issued once clearance is received.

How long does it take the state to process the withdrawal filing?

It depends on the Department of Revenue. Usual time elapsed from the filing date of the Application for Withdrawal to receiving your Certificate is approximately two months.

What agency do you need to file the withdrawal with?

Louisiana Secretary of State
Commercial Division

Mailing address:
P.O. Box 94125
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9125

Walk in Address:
8585 Archives Avenue
Baton Rouge, LA 70809

Phone: (225) 925-4704
Fax:  (225) 932-5314
Email Questions:  commercial@sos.louisiana.gov
Website: http://www.sos.la.gov

What happens if you don’t file an application for a certificate of withdrawal and just let your annual report go unfiled?

Foreign Louisiana Corporation will have its status with the Louisiana Secretary of State listed as “Not in Good Standing” the day after its annual report was due and will be administratively revoked by the Louisiana Secretary of State if it becomes one year delinquent with its annual report and fee.

If you just don’t file an annual report, do you lose your authority to do business in Louisiana?

No, you don’t lose your authority to do business until your business has been administratively revoked by the Louisiana Secretary of State.

What are the late fees and penalties to re-register a foreign business in Louisiana?

Louisiana has no late fees, penalties or interest other than you will have to file a $100 reinstatement and your last $25 annual report. You can follow the link below and do it online.

How long does the resident agent have to accept service of process after a foreign corp or llc has filed an Application for Certificate of Withdrawal?

The Louisiana registered agent may resign by filing with the Louisiana Secretary of State.

Louisiana Secretary of State online filings

When You Want More