Rhode Island Annual Report Filing InstructionsWe’re Just Not Annoying®
RHODE ISLAND ANNUAL REPORT
Almost all businesses in Rhode Island are required to submit an Annual Report to the Division of Business Services each year. Annual Reports are updates to the corporate information listed with the state, such as the names and addresses of members/officers, business and mailing addresses, and registered agent information. Annual reports can be filed online or by mail.
If you hire Northwest Registered Agent, we will professionally prepare and submit your Annual Report well in advance of your compliance deadline. We guarantee that your Annual Report will be filed properly and on-time. Our service ensures that you remain compliant with this important state requirement.
RI Annual Report Costs, Due Dates and How to File
|Business Type||Cost||Due Date||How to File|
|Profit Corporations||$50||January 1 to March 1||Online & Mail|
|Nonprofit Corporation||$20||June 1 to June 30||Online & Mail|
|Foreign Corporation||$50||January 1 to March 1||Online & Mail|
|Domestic/Foreign LLCs||$50||September 1 to November 1||Online & Mail|
|Charities||$90||30 Days Before Anniversary Date||Online & Mail|
How to File Your Rhode Island Annual Report:
For RI nonprofits, corps, PCs, LLCs, L3Cs (Low-Profit LLC) and PLLCs, there are two options for filing your Rhode Island Annual Report. They are:
- File online. Simply click on “File Corporate Annual Reports” under the Online Filings column at the Rhode Island business website. See the link below. You have to log in with a customer number and PIN. Contact Rhode Island at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will receive you login numbers in minutes. Just enter your information and submit the form.
- Mail it in. You can fill out the form received from your registered agent in Rhode Island or download one from the RI website. See the link below. Submit the completed report with the filing fee. You may not change your registered agent information on an annual report. Rhode Island needs you to file a Statement of Change form.
RI LPs and LLPs in Rhode Island do not file annual reports.
RI Charity Renewal: RI Charities file an annual Charitable Organization Applicationform with the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations, Securities Division, by mail with the filing fee. Find the form at the link below. The major catch is that the PDF form needs to be transferred to a CD before you send the renewal to the division.
We will prepare and file your Annual Report for only $100 plus state fees. You never have to worry about missing compliance deadlines, getting hit with penalties and late fees, or losing your good standing. Simply hit Order Now and we will take care of the rest.
RHODE ISLAND ANNUAL REPORT FAQS
What is the cost to file the Rhode Island Annual Report?
- RI Corps and PCs-domestic and foreign: $50
- RI Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: $20
- RI LLCs, L3Cs and PLLCs-domestic and foreign: $50
- RI LPs and LLPs: No report.
- RI Charities: $90
When are Rhode Island Annual Reports Due?
- RI Profit Corporations: The filing period is from January 1st to March 1st.
- RI Nonprofits: The filing period is from June 1st to June 30th.
- RI LLCs and PLLCs: The filing period for LLCs in Rhode Island is from September 1st to November 1st.
- PA Charities: 30 days before the anniversary date of their original approval.
Does Rhode Island have initial report requirements?
No, but you must file by your due date regardless how late in the year you file. So basically, profit corporations in Rhode Island only have a three-month grace period.
What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?
Failing to file a report within 30 days past the due date will result in a $25 penalty.
How do I get notified in Rhode Island?
The annual report is mailed to your registered agent office two weeks before the start of your filing period. You can trust that you will receive the report, plus reminders and all other corporate documents immediately if you sign up with Northwest Registered Agent LLC.
Who can file Rhode Island Annual reports?
After starting your business in Rhode Island, anyone with authority for Business Services filings can sign. However, two officers sign for RI Charities.
Are original signatures needed?
Division of Business Services
148 W. River Street
Providence, RI 02904-2615
Phone: (401) 222-3040
Fax: (401) 222-1309
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation
Securities Division, Charitable Organization Section
1511 Pontiac Avenue
John Pastore Complex, Building 69-1
Cranston, RI 02920
Phone: (401) 462-9527
Fax: (401) 462-9645
Rhode Island Annual Report Compliance Service Includes:
- Instant annual compliance service.
- Guaranteed professionally prepared and submitted Annual Report.
- Guaranteed not to miss your compliance deadline.
- No hassles, no worries, no hidden fees, no kidding.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.