Rhode Island Annual Report Service & Filing Instructions
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
The state of Rhode Island requires all corporations, nonprofits, and LLCs to file a Rhode Island Annual Report each year. These reports must be submitted to the Rhode Island Department of State, Business Services Division. Below, you will find a set of instructions for how to file the Rhode Island Annual Report yourself. We include due dates, filing fees, required information, and answers to common filing questions.
Or, hire us to file the annual report for you!
We'll File For You
We’ll worry about filing your Rhode Island Annual Report so you don’t have to.
- Guaranteed On-Time Filing
- Professional Preparation
- Maintain Good Standing
- Keep Your Company Active
When we file your annual report, we help keep your personal information private.
- Stay Off “Inactive” Lists
- Keep State Info Current
- State Records Monitoring
- Update Records Instantly
Rhode Island Annual Report Service$100 + State Fees
How to File Your Rhode Island Annual Report
Submitting your Rhode Island Annual Report requires the following steps:
- Figure out your due date and filing fee.
- Complete your report online OR download a paper form.
- Submit your report to the Rhode Island Department of State.
Rhode Island Annual Report Due Dates and Fees
Rhode Island Annual Report Fee Schedule
How to File
Corporations – foreign and domestic
Between January 1 and March 1
Online or Paper Form
LLCs – foreign and domestic
Between September 1 and November 1
Online or Paper Form
Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Religious Corporations
Between June 1 and June 30
Online or Paper Form
Late Fees: Rhode Island provides a 30-day grace period before assessing a $25 penalty fee.
*Online filings will incur an additional $2.50 (LLCs and corporations) OR $2 (nonprofits).
Filing Your Rhode Island Annual Report
You can submit your Rhode Island Annual Report online, by mail, or in person. In each case, you’ll need to visit the Rhode Island Secretary of State website.
- On the state website, go to the Document Library – Annual Reports page.
- Next to your business type, click “Download” for paper filings OR “File Online.”
- If you choose to file online, you will be prompted to enter your CID (Customer ID number) and PIN. Don’t know your PIN or CID? You’ll need to email the Rhode Island Department of State (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Once you’re successfully logged in, select “Annual Report.”
Here is a complete list of what you’ll need to include, verify, and/or update on your Rhode Island Annual Report:
- Entity ID number. You can find this by searching the Rhode Island Corporate Database.
- Business name.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. These are self-assigned numbers used by the U.S, Canada, and New Mexico to categorize businesses by their specific industries.
- Brief description of purpose.
- State you initially formed your business in.
- Principal address.
- Business person of contact. Include their full name or title and address.
- Officer/director OR manager information. Include full names and addresses. LLCs are not required to list member information.
- Registered agent name – LLCs and nonprofits only. If you need to make updates or changes to this information, you must file a Change of Resident Agent form ($20 fee) and/or Change of Resident Office form (no fee).
- Corporation share information. Include total number of shares, class/series, and par value.
- Signature and title of person filing the annual report.
Online filings must be paid using a credit or debit card. All online filings will be assessed an additional $2.50 (LLCS and corporations) OR $2 (nonprofits).
In-person filings can be paid by cash, credit card, or check.
Mailed filings must include a check made payable to “R.I. Department of State.”
Worried about late fees, potential penalties, or forgetting to file? Hire Northwest Registered Agent to file your Rhode Island Annual Report for you!
Get Rhode Island Annual Report Service Today!GET STARTED
How Our Rhode Island Annual Report Service Works
For $100 plus the state-mandated report fee, we’ll file your annual report. For most domestic LLCs, that’s $152.50 total.
- You can sign up for this service by itself or add it to an existing service inside your client account. Compliance service is also automatically added when you hire us to provide your registered agent service or form your Rhode Island LLC, Rhode Island corporation or Rhode Island nonprofit.
- Once you’re signed up for our business renewal service, you’ll pay nothing up front. We’ll send you a reminder 90 days before your filing due date and auto-charge your preferred payment method five days later.
Annual Report Service Benefits
At Northwest Registered Agent, we’re committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. Rhode Island Annual Reports are public record, so we’ve designed our annual report service to protect your privacy. Here’s how:
- We will list OUR contact information instead of yours on the report form.
- Only the minimum required information will be included.
- We will list our IP address – limiting the connection between your cell phone, personal computer, and work computers – this makes it harder for advertisers to follow you.
- We will list our bank and credit card information – not yours.
We believe everyone has the right to keep their information private. That’s why privacy is our guiding principle when we create every service and product.
Rhode Island Annual Report FAQ
Are initial reports required in Rhode Island?
No. New businesses are not required to file initial reports in the state of Rhode Island.
Are there consequences if I don’t file my Rhode Island Annual Report?
You will have a 30-day grace period before the Rhode Island Department of State will assess a $25 late fee. In addition, your business may be administratively dissolved or revoked.
How long does Rhode Island Annual Report processing take?
Regardless of how you choose to file, your Rhode Island Annual Report will be processed the same day the secretary of state receives it.
Who can file a Rhode Island Annual Report?
After starting a business in Rhode Island, anyone affiliated with the business can file the Rhode Island Annual Report. This could be an officer, director, manager, or someone outside the business (such as an attorney) that’s hired to file your report. When you hire Northwest Registered Agent for business renewal service, we’ll file your Rhode Island Annual Report for you.
Do Rhode Island Annual Reports require original signatures?
No, Rhode Island Annual Reports can be submitted with electronic signatures and/or copies of original documents.
Where can I get more information about the State of Rhode Island Annual Report filing?
Rhode Island Department of State
148 W. River St.
Providence, RI 02904
T: (401) 222-3040