Kentucky Annual Report FilingWe’re Just Not Annoying®
|Kentucky Annual Report Fee Schedule|
|Business Type||Cost||Due Date||How to File|
|Corporations||$15||All business entity types must file their annual report by June 30.||You can file by mail or online on the Kentucky Secretary of State’s website.|
|Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)|
|Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Religious Corporations|
|Partnerships (LPs, LLPs, etc.)|
|Late Fees: No late fees, but you only have 60 days before the state will revoke your ability to do business.|
HOW TO FILE THE KENTUCKY ANNUAL REPORT
You really have two options for filing the Kentucky annual report: do it yourself or hire us.
- Complete the Filing Yourself
Kentucky sends a postcard to your registered agent every year. You can simply check a box on the postcard, verifying that the information is correct and send it back to the state with your filing fee, or visit the Kentucky Secretary of State’s website and file online. If you file your Kentucky annual report online, go to the state’s Online Services. Perform a business search for your company in the state database. Once you find your company, select it from the results. Confirm or update the following information where appropriate:
- Company Name
- Principal Business Address
- Name and address of your registered agent in Kentucky.
- Names and addresses of officers/directors/members/managers/trustees.
- Signature of authorized person
- Hire Us
If you don’t want to deal with the annual report, for $115 total, we’ll file your annual report, you don’t have to worry about it.
What is the fee to file the Kentucky annual report?
- KY Profit Corporations and PCs-domestic and foreign: $15
- KY Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: $15
- KY LLCs and PLLCs-domestic and foreign: $15
- KY LPs and LLPs-domestic and foreign: $15
- KY Charities: $0
How to file your Kentucky Business Services annual report:
The Kentucky Secretary of State sends out annual report postcards in January each year. The process is simple; you verify the information on the card, or correct it if needed. Mail the signed card back to the secretary of state with a check for the filing fee. Or you can file your Kentucky annual report online by searching for your business name on their website. Once you find your business, you click on ‘File annual report.
Kentucky charities are required to register with the Kentucky Attorney General. There is no registration fee. The annual renewal requirements are to send a copy of the IRS Form 990 to the Kentucky Attorney General, Charity Division, by the same due date as with the Federal IRS; typically May 15th.
When is the Kentucky Annual Report Due?
- KY Profit Corporations and PCs-domestic and foreign: By June 30th.
- KY Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: By June 30th.
- KY LLCs and PLLCs-domestic and foreign: By June 30th.
- KY LPs and LLPs-domestic and foreign: By June 30th.
- KY Charities: Send copy of IRS form 990 to Kentucky Attorney General by the 15th day of the fifth month after fiscal year end.
Does Kentucky have initial reporting requirements?
No, just by June 30th the year after filing.
None, but you will receive a delinquent notice stating that you have 60 days to file before dissolution or revocation.
How do I get notified?
Kentucky Secretary of State sends a reminder postcard to your principal address of your Kentucky LLC, corporation or business entity in January.
Annual report notices will come to your registered agent in Kentucky.
Who can file Kentucky annual reports?
Postcards should be signed by an officer, partner or member, but after starting a business in Kentucky anyone with authority can file online.
Are original signatures needed?
Kentucky Secretary of State
700 Capital Avenue
PO Box 718
Frankfort, KY 40602
Phone: (502) 564-3490
Fax: (502) 564-5687
Office of Attorney General
Attn: Charity Registration
1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 200
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: (502) 696-5389
Kentucky Annual Report Filing Service Includes:
- Instant annual compliance service for only $115 total.
- Guaranteed professionally prepared and submitted Annual Report.
- Guaranteed not to miss your Annual Report deadline.
- No hassles, no worries, no hidden fees, no kidding.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.