Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How To Withdraw A Foreign Idaho LLC Or Corporation


Idaho Secretary of State Certificate of Authority Cancellation Requirements & Instructions

Foreign LLC registered in Idaho:

To withdraw or cancel your foreign LLC in Idaho, you must provide the completed Cancellation of Certificate of Authority of Foreign Limited Liability Company form in duplicate to the Secretary of State by mail, fax or in person. You can also complete the form by signing in to your SOSBiz account online.

Foreign Corporation registered in Idaho:

To withdraw or cancel your foreign Corporation in Idaho, you provide the completed Application for Certificate of Withdrawal form in duplicate with the filing fee to the Secretary of State by mail or in person.. Or, complete the form and pay the fee after signing in to your SOSBiz account online.

Foreign Idaho LLC and Corporation Withdrawal FAQ

How much does it cost to cancel your out of state registration with Idaho?

To withdraw/cancel your Foreign Limited Liability Company in Idaho, no filing fee is required.

To withdraw/cancel your foreign Corporation in Idaho, there is a $20 filing fee.

Do you need an Idaho Department of Revenue clearance first?


How long does it take the state to process the withdrawal filing?

Document processing in Idaho is completed in approximately one week.

You will be able to print a copy of the filed document directly from their website.

What agency do you need to file the withdrawal with?

Idaho Secretary of State 450 N. 4th Street PO Box 83720 Boise, ID 83720-0080 Phone: (208) 334-2301 Fax: (208) 334-2080 Website:

What happens if you don’t file a cancellation and just let your annual report filings go unfiled?

If you do not file your annual report, you will receive a yellow postcard notice by mail informing you that you are delinquent, which if not cured 60 days from your due date, your business authority and entity status will be revoked by the Idaho Secretary of State.

Learn more about the Idaho registered agent resignation process.

If you just don’t file an annual report, how long before you lose your Certificate of Authority?

Idaho will administratively revoke your certificate of authority automatically 60 days after your annual report due date, if it has not been filed.

What are the late fees and penalties to re-register if you didn’t file a withdrawal correctly?

You may file your annual report within the 60-day period beyond your due date and pay a no penalty. At that time Idaho will administratively revoke your business authority. Idaho leaves no options to revoked foreign entities but to start over with the Secretary of State as a new company, with those applicable fees, generally $100.

When You Want More