Maryland Incorporation Services
- Custom Articles of Incorporation
- Corporate Resolutions
- Maryland Corporate Bylaws
- Maryland Stock Certificates
YOUR ADDRESS IS PRIVATE
- Your registered office
- Your principle address
- Your mailing address
- Your incorporator address
Incorporate in Maryland
To incorporate in Maryland, you must file Articles of Incorporation with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). A $120 incorporation fee is required. The filing can be done by mail or online. Online filings are auto expedited so they are processed much faster, in about seven days. Mailed Articles of Incorporation take at least eight weeks to be processed. After you incorporate in Maryland, you will need to file an Annual Report, called a Maryland Personal Property Return. The PPR is due by April 15 each year, along with a $300 minimum fee.
What will it cost to incorporate in Maryland?
$120 Maryland articles of incorporation filing fee
What are the costs involved in forming a Maryland LLC?
Maryland LLC articles of organization will cost $100
How long will it take to get my Maryland Incorporation or Maryland LLC processed?
It will take the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT) at least 8 weeks (plus mail time) to process your Maryland articles of incorporation if you file by mail.
We highly recommend filing online and paying their $50 expedite fee. The SDAT processes online filings in about 7 days.
Maryland charges a $5 fee if you want your mailed document returned to you. If you do not pay the fee, you get nothing back.
Do I need to reserve a name before I can incorporate in Maryland?
No, Maryland doesn’t require name reservations. You can do a free business name search online to see if your business name is available.
What am I going to be looking at for ongoing fees to Maryland?
There is a Maryland annual report for Maryland Corporations and LLCs. The SDAT Maryland Personal Tax Return is due every April 15th and costs $300 minimum, depending on your assets and revenue.
What are the Maryland business taxes?
The Maryland Corporate net income tax rate is 8.25%.
The Maryland personal net income tax rates are:
$0-1,000 = 2%
$1,000-2,000 1= 3%
$2,000-3,000 = 4%
$3,000-150,000 = 4.75%
$150,000-300,000 = 5%
$300,000-500,000 = 5.25%
$500,000- 1 million = 5.5%
$1 million + = 6.25%
There are also a lot of local income taxes with an average rate of 3%. The average Maryland sales tax rate is 6%.
What does your Maryland incorporation service include?
We can make it easy to start a business in Maryland.
- Drafting custom articles for a Maryland LLC or Maryland corporation.
- The Maryland incorporator initial resolution for a corporation, or Maryland organizer if Maryland LLC.
- Ratified Maryland corporate bylaws, or operating agreement if Maryland LLC.
- The state of Maryland incorporation filing fees.
- Resident agent service in Maryland.
- Our service fees are: $100 for Maryland incorporation service and $125 for Maryland registered agent.
- All for a total of only $330 for a Maryland LLC or $350 for a Maryland corporation.