Nevada Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
A Nevada registered agent service accepts service of process and other legal notifications on behalf of Nevada businesses. As your Nevada registered agent, we accept legal documents or official business mail on your behalf, contact you immediately and upload these documents to your secure online account for you to view.
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Nevada Registered Agents:
What Do Nevada Registered Agents Do?
A Nevada registered agent is appointed by a business entity to accept service of process and official mail on its behalf. The registered agent must have a physical location in Nevada where they accept such documents.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Nevada Registered Agents?
According to Nevada law, business entities formed with the Nevada Secretary of State must appoint a registered agent. This law is built around the notion of due process and that lawsuits can’t move forward in court unless a business has been properly notified. Your Nevada registered agent serves as your business’s official point of contact with Nevada Secretary of State and the legal world. Having a reliable, tech-savvy registered agent service ensures you stay on top of any official notices or services of process for your business.
How Do I Change My Nevada Registered Agent?
- Sign up for our Nevada registered agent service.
- File a Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity form with the Nevada Secretary of State.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our Change Your Nevada Registered Agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Nevada Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A Nevada Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Nevada?
We accept and scan all of our Nevada clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Reno, NV.
Can I Use Your Nevada Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Nevada Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Nevada?
You should hire us first and then form your Nevada LLC or corporation because the state will reject your business registration filing if you don’t list your Nevada registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Nevada Registered Agents Get Served?
A process server will deliver instructions for responding to the lawsuit, which is known as a summons notice, and a complaint form, which describes who is suing, the reason they’re suing, and what the person or entity suing you want in compensation. All this is delivered to your Nevada registered agent’s address. Your registered agent signs any of process server’s documents acknowledging receipt of the lawsuit. If you’ve hired us, within minutes of receiving service of process, we’ll upload the document to your account. You’ll instantly receive an email prompting you to log into your account and securely view your document.
How Do I Search For A Nevada Registered Agent?
You can do a Nevada business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Nevada registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How To Order Nevada Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Nevada registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Nevada Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Nevada registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Nevada registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Nevada corporate compliance.