North Carolina Annual Report FilingWe’re Just Not Annoying®
NORTH CAROLINA ANNUAL REPORT
All businesses in North Carolina are required to submit an Annual Report to the Secretary of State each year. Annual Reports are updates to the corporate information listed with the state, such as the names and addresses of members/officers, business and mailing addresses, and registered agent information. Annual reports can be filed online or by mail.
If you hire Northwest Registered Agent, we will professionally prepare and submit your Annual Report well in advance of your compliance deadline. We guarantee that your Annual Report will be filed properly and on-time. Our service ensures that you remain compliant with this important state requirement.
NC Annual Report Costs, Due Dates and How to File
|Business Type||Cost||Due Date||How to File|
|Profit Corporations||$20 ($25 by Mail)||15th Day of 4th Month After Fiscal Year End||Online & Mail|
|Nonprofit Corporation||No Fee||No Annual Report||No AR|
|Foreign Corporation||$20 ($25 by Mail)||15th Day of 4th Month After Fiscal Year End||Online & Mail|
|Domestic/Foreign LLCs||$202 ($200 by Mail)||April 15th||Online & Mail|
|Charities||$0 to $200 (Based Upon Contributions)||Anniversary Date of Charity License||Online & Mail|
How to File Your NC Annual Report with the Secretary of State:
- It is easy and efficient for corporations and limited liability companies to file the annual report online with the North Carolina Secretary of State. On the Corporations Division page, click on ‘File Annual Reports ONLINE,’ search your company name and click the annual report hyperlink. The process is explained on your reminder postcard, and we furnish a link below. If you are changing your North Carolina registered agent, you have to file the paper form with the signature of the new registered agent. See option 2.
- On the same webpage search your company name, then select, ‘Pre-populated Annual Report Fillable PDF Form.’ An annual report with your current information will be generated. You will be able to make any necessary changes before printing. North Carolina Corporations filing the paper annual report form must submit it to the NC Department of Revenue with your annual report fee and their franchise and income tax return.
NC Nonprofits, LPs, PCs, and PLLCs do not file annual reports with the Secretary of State.
North Carolina Charities: NC issues a charity license that will need renewed every year with the Charitable Solicitation Licensing Section of the Department of the Secretary of State. The renewal application is rather long and detailed, and needs to be notarized. You must fill it out and mail it in with the filing fee. See our link below.
We will prepare and file your Annual Report for only $100 plus state fees. You never have to worry about missing compliance deadlines, getting hit with penalties and late fees, or losing your good standing. Simply hit Order Now and we will take care of the rest.
NORTH CAROLINA ANNUAL REPORT FAQS
What is the cost to file the North Carolina Annual Report?
- NC Corporations-domestic and foreign: $25 mailed or $20 online.
- NC LLCs-domestic and foreign: $200 mailed or $202 online.
- NC LLPs-domestic and foreign: $200 by mail or pay $202 online.
- NC PCs, PLLCs, LPs and Nonprofits do not file annual reports.
- NC Charity: Renewal fee is based on annual contributions received; from $0 to $200.
When are North Carolina Annual Reports Due?
- NC Corporations: The NC corporate rule is the 15th day of the fourth month after fiscal year end; typically April 15th.
- NC LLCs and LLPs: April 15th each year beginning the year after you first file.
- NC Charities: Renewal is due by the anniversary date of license. The department will mail you a renewal package 65 days ahead of your anniversary.
Does North Carolina have initial report requirements?
After you start a North Carolina business, there is no initial report.
What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?
There are no late fees. The Secretary of State will just send you a ‘Notice of Grounds for Administrative Dissolution,’ or Revocation for foreign businesses. You then have 60 days to complete the annual report.
How do I get notified?
NC Corporations: The Secretary of State sends a reminder to the corporation mailing address.
NC LLCs: North Carolina Corporations Division mails a reminder postcard to your registered agent. ‘Northwest’ will immediately upload it to your online account and begin emailing you reminders.
Who can file North Carolina Annual reports?
An officer, director, member, manager, or partner must execute or electronically sign the annual report.
Are original signatures needed?
North Carolina Secretary of State
P.O. Box 29525
Raleigh, NC 27626-0525
Phone: (919) 807-2225
Fax: (919) 807-2039
Walk in address:
2 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
NC Charitable Solicitation Licensing Division
P.O. Box 29622
Raleigh, NC 27626-0622
Phone: (919) 807-2214
Fax: (919) 807-2220
NC Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 25000
Raleigh, NC 27640-0500
Phone: 1 (877) 252-3052
Annual reports online: http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/AREntry.aspx
North Carolina Annual Report Compliance Service Includes:
- Instant annual compliance service.
- Guaranteed professionally prepared and submitted Annual Report.
- Guaranteed not to miss your compliance deadline.
- No hassles, no worries, no hidden fees, no kidding.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.