Oregon Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
An Oregon registered agent is designated to accept service of process and official notifications on behalf of clients. Oregon law states that a registered agent must be either a resident of the state or a business entity in good standing. All registered agents must maintain a physical address where certified documents can be delivered during business hours. When documents are accepted by the agent, they must be forwarded to the proper client in a timely manner.
What Do Oregon Registered Agents Do?
Your Oregon registered agent should do the following:
- Accept legal documents and official mail on behalf of your business in Oregon and get them to you fast.
- Have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Oregon where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail like tax notices. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep regular business hours.
What Are The Legal Requirements For Oregon Registered Agents?
The state of Oregon requires the following of a registered agent:
- An OR registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- OR registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Oregon).
- Oregon registered agents must accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
Note: In Oregon, if your registered agent is unable to be reached or served, the Secretary of State will be served on behalf of your business. This may seem like a good thing, but if your registered agent in Oregon can’t be reached by a process server and the secretary of state receives your business’ service of process, it’s possible that you’ll never know your business was served. This could result in a judgment against your business without you ever knowing. In short, it’s important to hire a registered agent you trust (hint: hire us—we won’t let you down).
Why Do I Need An Oregon Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
How Do I Change My Oregon Registered Agent?
Just file a Change of Registered Agent/Office form with the Secretary of State. It does not cost anything to change your Oregon registered agent, so if you are currently overpaying and would like to change to Northwest Registered Agent, we would be happy to get the paperwork ready and file for you. Learn how to be your own registered agent in Oregon.Hire Us
Get a Registered Agent Today!GET STARTED
Oregon Registered Agent FAQs
Where Is Northwest’s Oregon Registered Office?
We accept and scan all of our Oregon clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Keizer, OR (just outside of Salem).
How Do You Deliver My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our Keizer office within minutes to your online account.
Can I Have My Business Mail Delivered To Your Oregon Office?
- We want to help if possible, but we don’t want all of your business’ mail.
- Since your business is not on the lease at our address, the postal service might not deliver mail addressed to your business only.
- As your registered agent in Oregon, certified mail and official notices come addressed to us.
- If we do get some of your regular mail, though, we’ll scan it to your online account in real time.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Oregon Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filings?
Yes! We don’t mind if you put our address on your filing with the Secretary of State. We’re the only national registered agent service that allows clients to use the registered office address and keep your own address of the public record.
How Do I Search For A Company’s Oregon Registered Agent?
If you want to legally notify someone through their Oregon registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
- You can do an Oregon business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the OR registered agent name and registered office street address.
How Do Oregon Registered Agents Get Served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof of notification. Whether you receive the documents your Oregon registered agent signs for or not, once they accept the documents, you’ve legally been notified. This is a serious responsibility and we don’t take it lightly. Here’s how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our Keizer office and hands us the documents (service of process), then we sign for them.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court which states that they “served” us.
- If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Form My Business?
The best way to get started is to sign up for our instant registered agent service online. Then you can do the filing with the Oregon Secretary of State to form your business. This is because you must list your registered agent when you complete the filing. If you don’t have one, your filing will be rejected. Signing up for our registered agent service is also ideal because we provide all the forms and filing instructions you may need in your online account. We make the filing process as simple as possible.
How To Order Oregon Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your Oregon registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Oregon Secretary of State.
We collect the first year’s fee for registered agent service up front.
About a year later, we’ll send an invoice for another year of Oregon registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Oregon registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Oregon corporate paperwork formalities like the Oregon annual report.
Information Your Oregon Registered Agent Should Help You Understand:
Oregon filings do not need an original signature on them. They can be faxed in, which is how we recommend doing it. We provide a fax cover sheet you can use in your Oregon registered agent online account.
Once filed you will have an annual report due on every anniversary of your filing. It will need to be mailed in for the first year. Every year after that you can complete it online. The Oregon annual report costs $100 for domestic companies and $275 for foreign companies.
Oregon registered agent service is provided by Northwest Registered Agent from our Keizer, OR office. We charge $125 a year, and are one of the cheapest in Oregon. We specialize in the Northwest and help businesses from California and Washington cross the state boundaries into Oregon. We would like to do what we can to earn your business.
Oregon is an easy state to incorporate in, but not so easy to get your contractor’s license. A domestic Oregon corporation and domestic Oregon LLC will cost $100 to file. A foreign Oregon LLC and foreign Oregon corporation cost $275. Non-profits cost $50. You can pay $5 more if you would like a copy returned to you with a filed stamp on it. Otherwise, you can just look yourself up online. You need to appoint an Oregon registered agent for all entities, and all you need to do is put our name down: Northwest Registered Agent, LLC., and our Keizer address.