$5,000 Northwest Registered Agent
We’re Just Not Annoying®
Northwest Registered Agent Scholarship
Northwest Registered Agent is a leading provider of business services, helping companies across America with business filings and compliance service, including the formation of LLCs, corporations, and registered agent service. We are proud to offer an academic scholarship to provide for the education of the next generation of America’s business leaders.
Academic Scholarship For Business Majors
Northwest Registered Agent is offering an annual $5,000 scholarship for any American high school senior who intends to pursue a degree in Business or a related field at an accredited college or university. NWRA believes in supporting and encouraging the next generation of business leaders, and to do so is now providing the NWRA Business Scholarship.
To submit an application for the NWRA Business Scholarship, please read the admission requirements and submission guidelines below.
Who Can Apply:
The Northwest Registered Agent Business Scholarship is open to any individual who meets the following requirements:
- Is a US citizen/national/permanent-resident currently enrolled in a public American high school
- Will graduate high school at the end of the current academic year (Fall 2020 to Spring 2021)
- Has been or will be admitted to an accredited college or university
- Intends to pursue a degree in Business or a related field
- Maintains at the time of application a GPA of 3.5 or better
Employees of NWRA and their families are not eligible for this scholarship.
What To Include In Your Application
To be eligible for the Northwest Registered Agent Business Scholarship, you must include all of the following:
- Title Page
- 2 Letters of Recommendation From Business Leaders
- Scholarship Question Answers
Please include a page separate from your Scholarship Questions with the following information:
- Name of Your High School
- College/University You Are Planning to Attend
- Current Cumulative GPA (Must Be 3.5 or Higher)
- Field of Study You Intend to Pursue (Must Be Business or Related Field)
- Email Address **
- Mailing Address
All information is strictly confidential and is used by NWRA for the sole purpose of assessing and awarding the NWRA Business Scholarship. Your information is not stored in any database, is not repackaged or sold to third-parties, and will be used to follow-up only with the scholarship winner. If you do not win, your application and all of your information will be shredded and destroyed after the winner is notified.
** Scholarship winner will be notified by email of their selection. Please be sure to list an active email address.
2 Letters of Recommendation
Please include two letters of recommendation from business leaders in your community. These could be from former employers or other business owners that know you well. Letters of recommendation cannot come from family members.
When answering the questions below, please include both the question and answer in your application.
Please answer each of the following questions in essay format (except for Question 6). For each individual question, please keep your answers between 300 and 600 words (1,500 to 3,000 words total for the first five questions, and then your list for Question 6).
- This scholarship is an investment. So make your pitch. Why should we invest in you?
- The Peter Principle™ is a theory that suggests that employees are promoted up the ladder until they reach a position they are not competent to hold. How will you avoid your final placement according to the Peter Principle™?
- What does everyone in the business world get wrong? Explain how you would correct this mistake.
- In a movie about your life, what 5 songs would you choose to be on the soundtrack and what scenes of the movie would they play in?
- Mark and Chan Zuckerberg formed the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative LLC in 2015 as a charitable company that will be funded by billions of dollars of Facebook stock. But CZI was not formed as a typical non-profit corporation. In your opinion, why did the Zuckerbergs choose to form an LLC instead of a traditional non-profit corporation?
- Make a List: 25 Random Things About Yourself. Feel free to list any 25 things that you like. This is your opportunity to “loosen your tie” and show us another side of your personality. You may use complete sentences or single words. It’s your list. Own it.
- Be thorough with your answers, but don’t overwrite just to fill space. Your answers will be judged for originality, thoughtfulness and insight. Shorter answers that are astute and discerning are better than long answers that are dull, plodding and unoriginal.
- While your answers aren’t being judged on formatting, it is best to submit answers that follow a standard paragraph format. Poorly formatted answers will be difficult to read.
- Let your voice and style shine through. We are not interested in the “formal voice” that is often encouraged by English teachers. At the same time, don’t submit answers that resemble texting conversations or social media posts. Answers with LOL and OMG in them will be thrown into the trash.
Formatting Your Application
- Applications must be typed and printed
- Size 12 Times New Roman font
- Black ink
Submitting Your Scholarship Application
We’re old school. We prefer applications printed on paper. Which is why applicants must print and mail their scholarship submissions to our office. We do not accept applications digitally.
Please mail your application to the following address:
NORTHWEST REGISTERED AGENT
906 W. 2ND AVE SUITE 100
SPOKANE, WA 99201
Please be sure that all the necessary parts of your application are included: Title Page, 2 Letters of Recommendation, and Scholarship Question Answers. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarship Deadline: January 31, 2020
The Northwest Registered Agent Business Scholarship deadline is January 31, 2020. All applications must be postmarked or received by our office by this deadline. Please allow ample time for your application to be delivered.
What do you look for?
Originality, creativity, thoughtfulness and thoroughness.
Is the scholarship need based?
How can the scholarship be used?
The scholarship must be applied to qualified tuition, room & board, textbooks or other expenses related to your enrollment in an accredited US college or university. The scholarship may also be applied to Study Abroad programs offered by an accredited US college or university.
When do I have to use the scholarship?
Scholarship winners must use their winnings within four years.
Do I need to know which college/university I’m attending?
High school students who have not yet been accepted by a college or university or who have not yet accepted a collegiate offer may apply for the NWRA scholarship. Please indicate the college/university where you intend to enroll. If this information changes later, it will not invalidate your application, unless you decide to not attend a college/university at all or the college/university you later choose is not accredited.
Can the scholarship be used to fund study abroad?
Yes. The scholarships may be applied to the qualified study abroad programs of accredited colleges and universities.
Can I apply if I am going to a community college?
Yes. Applicants may be attending or planning to attend an accredited community college or a four year university.
Can I apply if I am enrolling in online courses only?
Yes. Applicants enrolled or intending to enroll in accredited online schools may apply.
When will notifications be sent regarding my application status?
When your application is received, you should receive a confirmation email. Award winners will be notified by email by June 1, 2020.
When will the winner be announced?
June 1, 2020.
What if I decide that I don’t want to go to college after all?
Scholarship winners have four years in which to utilize their scholarship. In the event that a winner decides not to attend a college or university after all, then the scholarship will not be awarded.
What if I have additional questions?
You can contact us at the following:
Mail: 906 W. 2nd Ave Suite 100, Spokane, Washington 99201
Or click on the link above and drop us an email.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship. We wish every entrant good luck!
Northwest Registered Agent collects information from applicants for the sole and express use of selecting a scholarship winner. To protect student information, applications are mailed to our office and student information is not entered into any database. Student data is not stored, repackaged, sold to third-parties or used in any manner other than judging student applications, verifying the identity of the winner, and contacting the winner (by email).
Once a winner has been selected, all applications and attendant materials are shredded and destroyed by a professional business document shredding service. No data is kept or maintained by NWRA.
NWRA does not collect data or track information from our site visitors.