South Dakota Annual Report Service & Filing Instructions
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
South Dakota state law requires all corporations, LLCs, nonprofits, and LLPs to file a South Dakota Annual Report each year. These reports must be submitted to the South Dakota Secretary of State Office. The following is an easy-to-read guide for how to file the South Dakota Annual Report yourself. Our instructions include due dates, filing fees, required information, and answers to frequently asked questions.
Or, if you’d prefer not to file yourself, you can always hire us to submit the annual report for you!
We'll File For You
We’ll worry about filing your South Dakota Annual Report so you don’t have to.
- Guaranteed On-Time Filing
- Professional Preparation
- Maintain Good Standing
- Keep Your Company Active
When we file your annual report, we help keep your personal information private.
- Stay Off “Inactive” Lists
- Keep State Info Current
- State Records Monitoring
- Update Records Instantly
South Dakota Annual Report Service$100 + State Fees
How to File Your South Dakota Annual Report
Submitting your South Dakota Annual Report requires the following steps:
- Figure out your report due date and fees.
- Complete your report online OR download a paper form.
- File your report with the South Dakota Secretary of State.
South Dakota Annual Report Due Dates and Fees
South Dakota Report Fee Schedule
How to File
Foreign and domestic – Corporations, LLCs, and LLPs
First Day of Anniversary Month
Online or Paper Form
Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Religious Corporations
First Day of Anniversary Month
Online or Paper Form
Late Fees: South Dakota will asses a $50 late fee for failing to file an annual report. In addition, your business will no longer be in good standing.
Don’t remember when you formed your South Dakota business? You can easily find your anniversary month by searching the South Dakota Business Database. It will be listed under the heading “Next Annual Report Due Date.”
Filing Your South Dakota Annual Report
The South Dakota Annual Report can be filed online or by mail. Regardless of how you choose to submit your report, you’ll need to visit the South Dakota Secretary of State website.
To File Online:
- Go to the File an Annual Report page and click the green “File an Annual Report” button.
- You will be prompted to enter your business ID number. Then, click “begin.” You can find your ID number by searching the South Dakota Business Database.
- Your business information will appear on the screen. Once you verify the business is correct, you will begin the filing process.
To File by Mail:
- Go to the Business Forms page.
- Select your business type from the left-side menu.
- Under the heading “Annual Report” click the “File by Paper” link. A blank form will immediately download onto your computer.
Below is a list of the information you’ll need to include, verify, and/or update on your South Dakota Annual Report:
- Business name and ID number.
- State you initially formed your business in.
- Principal address.
- Registered agent name, title, and address. If your registered agent is a Commercial Registered Agent, you must include their CRA number – which can be obtained from your Commercial Registered Agent. *
- Officer/director, manager, or partner names and addresses. LLCs are not required to list member information.
- Signature of person filing the annual report.
*If you need to update or change your South Dakota registered agent, you must file a “Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent or Both Form.” There is a $10 filing fee for online submissions OR $25 if you choose to file by paper.
Online filings must be paid using a credit card. Mailed filings must include a check or money order.
Don’t want to stress about late fees, potential penalties, or forgetting to file? Hire Northwest Registered Agent to file your South Dakota Annual Report for you!
Get South Dakota Annual Report Service Today!GET STARTED
How Our South Dakota Annual Report Service Works
For $100 plus the state-mandated report fee, we’ll file your annual report. For most domestic businesses, that’s $150 total.
- You can sign up for this service by itself or add it to an existing service inside your client account. Compliance service is also automatically added when you hire us to provide your registered agent service or form your South Dakota LLC, South Dakota corporation or South Dakota nonprofit.
- Once you’re signed up for our business renewal service, you’ll pay nothing up front. We’ll send you a reminder 90 days before your filing due date and auto-charge your preferred payment method five days later.
Annual Report Service Benefits
At Northwest Registered Agent,we’re committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. South Dakota Annual Reports are public record, so we’ve designed our annual report service to protect your privacy. Here’s how:
In order to preserve your privacy, we will list OUR contact information instead of yours on the report form.
Only the minimum required information will be included.
We will list our IP address – limiting the connection between your cell phone, personal computer, and work computers – this makes it harder for advertisers to follow you.
We will list our bank and credit card information – not yours.
We believe everyone has the right to keep their information private. That’s why privacy is our guiding principle when we create every service and product.
South Dakota Annual Report FAQ
Does South Dakota require new businesses to file initial reports?
Nope! When you form a new business in South Dakota, you will not be required to file an initial report.
What happens if I forget to file my South Dakota Annual Report?
You will be assessed a $50 late fee for failing to file a South Dakota Annual Report. In addition, your business will loose its “good standing” status. If you are delinquent for more than 60 days, your company may be administratively dissolved or revoked.
How long does it take to process a South Dakota Annual Report?
Online filings will be processed immediately. If you file by mail, it will take the state 3-5 business days.
Who can file a South Dakota Annual Report?
After starting a business in South Dakota, anyone affiliated with the business may sign your South Dakota Annual Report. This could be an officer, manager, partner, or someone outside the business who is hired to file on your behalf. When you hire Northwest Registered Agent for business renewal service, we’ll submit your South Dakota Annual Report for you!
Do South Dakota Annual Reports need original signatures?
No. South Dakota Annual Reports can be filed with photocopies of original documents.
Where can I get more information about the State of South Dakota Annual Report filing?
South Dakota Secretary of State
500 E Capital Ave.
Pierre, SD 57501
T: (605) 773-4845