Alaska Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
An Alaska registered agent is an individual or entity appointed by a business for the purpose of accepting legal notices, such as service of process, and other official business documents. An Alaska registered agent must have a registered office in Alaska and maintain regular business hours, ensuring that the state has a reliable way of contacting a business. Tax notifications and yearly charter renewals are sent by the state to your Alaska registered agent, who is then responsible for forwarding all documents to you.
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Alaska Registered Agents:
What Do Alaska Registered Agents Do?
At a minimum, Alaska registered agents accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail on behalf of your business at a designated location called a registered office.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Alaska Registered Agents?
According to Alaska state code § 10.06, a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents during normal business hours, and get those documents to you.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Alaska. No P.O. Boxes.
- An AK registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
How Do I Change My Alaska Registered Agent?
File a Statement of Change Registered Agent or Registered Agent Address with the Division of Corporations. The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us. It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Alaska registered agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local Anchorage office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Alaska Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need An Alaska Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Alaska?
Our office is in downtown Anchorage, AK, where we scan all documents locally and upload them to client accounts immediately.
Will You Let Me Know When My Alaska Biennial Report Is Due?
Yes! LLCs and corporations in Alaska are required to file a state report every other year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll make sure you have access to all the forms and instructions you need to stay compliant.
Can I Use Your Alaska Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Yes. We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Alaska Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Should I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Alaska?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the Division of Corporations. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your Alaska filing instantly after you sign up.
How Do Alaska Registered Agents Get A Service of Process?
Serving process on a registered agent is legal proof that your company was notified. It doesn’t matter if the company sees the documents or even gets them from their registered agent. You were notified if your registered agent signs for the documents; this is a responsibility we take seriously.
- A sheriff, process server, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court stating that they “served” us.
How Do I Find An Alaska Company's Registered Agent?
- Perform an Alaska business name search.
- Use the name of the company you’re trying to look up.
- Look at the AK registered agent’s name and registered address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their registered agent, simply send a letter as certified mail to the registered agent at their registered office address.
How To Order Alaska Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Alaska registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Alaska registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Alaska registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Alaska corporate compliance.