How to Change Your Registered Agent in AlaskaWe’re Just Not Annoying®
Change Your Alaska Registered Agent
Changing your registered agent in the state of Alaska is done by completing and filing a Statement of Change form with the Alaska Department of Commerce (ADC). It costs $25 to file a Statement of Change and can only be filed by sending in the completed form to the ADC and waiting 10-15 business days for processing. If you would like to change your registered agent in Alaska, you should follow these three steps:
- Select a new Alaska registered agent; If you hire us, you may as well stop reading now, we’ll handle the filing for you pay your filing fee.
- Notify your old registered agent that you have moved on from them.
- Complete and submit your Statement of Change with the ADC.
Free PDF Download
Do It Yourself Wizard
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Alabama Registered Agent Resignation here
Alaska Registered Agent Service - $125 Total
How To Complete the Statement Of Change
The only way to file a Statement of Change with the Alaska Department of Commerce is to physically complete the printed form and send it to the ADC in either Juneau or Anchorage. In order to properly fill out your Alaska Statement of Change and change your registered agent, follow these step after printing the form:
1. State the name of your business entity, along with the Alaska entity number.
2. List the name and address of your prior registered agent, also their mailing address if different than their physical address.
3. List the name and address of your new registered agent.
5. The signature of a manager, member, or the attorney-in-fact that represents your business entity.
6. Confirm the address and best route of contact for reaching the filer of the documents.
7. Attach the filing fee of $25 and mail to the Alaska Division of Corporations location that is closest to you.
Changing Your Alaska Registered Agent FAQs
How Much Does it Cost to Change Your Alaska Registered agent?
It costs $25 dollars to change your Alaska registered agent, this can be payed by check or money order made payable to “State of Alaska- Corporations Section.” Payment should be included with the filing when you send it in, and the filing fee is non-refundable.
How Long Does it Take to Change Your Registered Agent in Alaska?
The processing time to change your registered agent in Alaska is 10-15 days from when your documents are received. You should make sure to send your documents to the closest office, either Juneau or Anchorage.
What are the Different Ways You Can Change Your Alaska Registered Agent?
If your need for a change in Alaska registered agent falls within the due dates of your Biennial report you can simply update the agent you have listed on it. To directly change your Alaska registered agent, you will need to fill out the Statement of Change form and mail it in with payment to the Alaska Department of Commerce. Note that there are different forms for both corporations and LLCs, and all filings should be submitted in duplicate.
How Do I Find my Alaska Entity Number?
You can find your Alaska entity number listed on your approved incorporation/formation documents. If you do not have those on hand you can also find it by conducting a business records search on the Alaska Division of Corporations’ website.
Can I Change my Registered Agent in Alaska Online?
The Alaska Chamber of Commerce is not equipped for online filings at the moment, and you must either mail completed documents (along with fees) to the Alaska Division of Commerce, or show up in person at their offices in Juneau or Anchorage. If you would like to change your Alaska registered agent entirely online, you can hire us and we’ll process all the necessary information online and pay your filing fee.
Do I Need to Notify my Old Registered Agent When I Change Agents?
When you change registered agents in Alaska, you don’t have to notify your old registered agent. If you are paying for registered agent services we recommend that you notify your current service so you can avoid any future billing.
Expect More From A Registered Agent
We have a team of Alaska experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Alaska ADC requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Statement of Change form and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Alabama forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Alabama.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.