How to Change Your Registered Agent in Alaska
To change your registered agent in Alaska, you must complete and file a Statement of Change form with the Corporations Section of the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. The Alaska Statement of Change must be submitted by mail and costs $25 to file. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Alaska Change of Registered Agent paperwork for you and pay the state filing fee.
Free PDF Download
Download the Alaska Statement of Change Form here
Do It Yourself Online
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Alaska Statement of Change here
Alaska Registered Agent Service$125 Per Year
Steps to Changing Your Alaska Registered Agent
If you would like to change your registered agent in Alaska, you will need to complete the following three general steps:
- Select a new Alaska registered agent. If you hire Northwest for our registered agent service, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you and pay your filing fee.
- Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
- Complete and submit your Alaska Statement of Change to the Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing.
How To Complete the Statement Of Change
The only way to file a Statement of Change with the Alaska Department of Commerce is to physically complete the printed form and send it to the ADC in either Juneau or Anchorage. In order to properly fill out your Alaska Statement of Change and change your registered agent, follow these step after printing the form:
1. State the name of your business entity, along with the Alaska entity number.
2. List the name and address of your prior Alaska registered agent (also their mailing address if different than their physical address).
3. List the name and address of your new registered agent.
5. The signature of a manager, member, or the attorney-in-fact that represents your business entity.
6. Confirm the address and best route of contact for reaching the filer of the documents.
7. Attach the filing fee of $25 and mail to the Alaska Division of Corporations location that is closest to you.
For the steps to take to ensure your former agent’s service and obligations come to an end, see our Alaska registered agent resignation page.
Changing Your Alaska Registered Agent FAQs
How Much Does It Cost To Change Your Alaska Registered Agent?
It costs $25 dollars to change your Alaska registered agent, this can be payed by check or money order made payable to “State of Alaska- Corporations Section.” Payment should be included with the filing when you send it in, and the filing fee is non-refundable.
How Long Does It Take To Change Your Registered Agent In Alaska?
The processing time to change your registered agent in Alaska is 10-15 days from when your documents are received. You should make sure to send your documents to the closest office, either Juneau or Anchorage.
What Are The Different Ways You Can Change Your Alaska Registered Agent?
If your need for a change in Alaska registered agent falls within the due dates of your Biennial report you can simply update the agent you have listed on it. To directly change your Alaska registered agent, you will need to fill out the Statement of Change form and mail it in with payment to the Alaska Department of Commerce. Note that there are different forms for both corporations and LLCs, and all filings should be submitted in duplicate.
How Do I Find My Alaska Entity Number?
You can find your Alaska entity number listed on your approved incorporation/formation documents. If you do not have those on hand you can also find it by conducting a business records search on the Alaska Division of Corporations’ website.
Can I Change My Registered Agent In Alaska Online?
The Alaska Chamber of Commerce is not equipped for online filings at the moment, and you must either mail completed documents (along with fees) to the Alaska Division of Commerce, or show up in person at their offices in Juneau or Anchorage. If you would like to change your Alaska registered agent entirely online, you can hire us and we’ll process all the necessary information online and pay your filing fee.
Do I Need To Notify My Old Registered Agent When I Change Agents?
When you change registered agents in Alaska, you don’t have to notify your old registered agent. If you are paying for registered agent services we recommend that you notify your current service so you can avoid any future billing.
Expect More From a Registered Agent
We have a team of Alaska experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Alaska ADC requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Statement of Change form and pay your filing fee, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Alaska forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Alaska.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.