Processing. Please Wait.

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How to Dissolve an Arkansas Corporation

How do you dissolve an Arkansas Corporation?

To dissolve your Arkansas corporation, submit a completed dissolution form to the Arkansas Secretary of State, Business and Commercial Services (BCS) by mail or in person. You cannot file Arkansas articles of dissolution online. When Northwest is your registered agent, the articles of dissolution form is already in your online account. You can also access forms on BCS website or by contacting BCS. Make sure you have the right form. There are three Arkansas corporate dissolution forms.

  • If you filed under the new code and your corporation has not issued shares and/or commenced business file form DN-10-A, Arkansas Articles of Dissolution by Incorporators or Initial Directors.
  • If you were incorporated under the new business corporation code and you have commenced business, file Arkansas form DN-10, Articles of Dissolution.
  • If you were incorporated under the old business corporation code, file Arkansas form DN-07, Certificate of Dissolution of a Corporation.

Submit the original Arkansas corporation dissolution form, a Final Franchise Tax Report, and a check for fees to BCS. Fees include the filing fee as well as the franchise tax for the current year. Checks should be payable to Arkansas Secretary of State.

Submit dissolution documents to:

Arkansas Secretary of State
Business and Commercial Services

Mailing address:
State Capitol
Little Rock, AR 72201-1094

Physical address:
Victory Building
1401 West Capital Ave., Ste. 250
Little Rock, AR 72201

Arkansas Corporation Dissolution FAQ

What is the filing fee to dissolve or cancel an Arkansas Corporation?

There is a $50 filing fee to dissolve an Arkansas corporation.

Your Arkansas registered agent may be able to help with the dissolution process.

Do you need a Department of Finance and Administration clearance before the Arkansas Secretary of State will accept your dissolution?

No. You do not need to get tax clearance before you can dissolve your Arkansas corporation. You do have to submit a final franchise tax report and fee with the dissolution documents. If you don’t file the final franchise tax report and payment, you will be unable to dissolve with BCS.

How long does it take the state to process the filing in Arkansas?

Arkansas BCS processes dissolutions in two business days.
If you walk in your documents, they will process them while you wait.

Can you revoke the dissolution?

Yes, submit a Revocation of Dissolution form to BCS within 120 days of dissolution. Include a copy of your articles of dissolution. There is a $150 filing fee to revoke dissolution.

How long before someone can take your business name?

If you voluntarily dissolve your corporation or LLC, you lose your name once BCS has formally dissolved your company. If your corporation was administratively dissolved by BCS, your name is protected for seven years after the date of dissolution.

What is the penalty if you just don’t file your annual reports and franchise tax?

You are responsible for submitting annual reports and franchise tax until you formally dissolve your Arkansas corporation. If you do not submit your annual report and franchise tax, you can be administratively dissolved. The tax deadline is May 1st of each year. If you have not filed the report and tax, BCS will send you a delinquency notice within 60 days after the due date. If you still don’t submit the report and/or tax, your corporation will be administratively dissolved by the Secretary of State on December 31st of that same year.

If your foreign corporation or LLC fails to file the franchise tax report by June 1, Arkansas BCS will impose a $25 late fee plus interest of 10% annually. The fees for any year will not be more than two times the amount of tax the corporation owes.

Arkansas BCS forms


When You Want More