Create a Free Account

Register a Foreign Corporation in Indiana

To register a foreign corporation in Indiana, you must file an Indiana Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Corporation with the Indiana Secretary of State, Corporations Division. You can submit this document by mail, in person or online. The Application for Certificate of Authority for a foreign Indiana corporation costs $125 with a paper form or $105 online (plus a credit card fee of about $3). Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Application Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Indiana. Or, sign up for our Indiana Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Indiana Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Corporation. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Indiana. All for free.

When You Want More, Get More

Hire Northwest and let us register your Foreign Corporation in Indiana. Includes 1 year of registered agent service.

$333 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 788 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Indiana

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Indiana?

Paper filings come with a $125 fee. Online filings cost $105 plus a $3 credit/debit card processing fee.

How long does it take for the state to process the Indiana Certificate of Authority?

Indiana accepts foreign corporation filings by mail, online, and in person. Processing times depend on the method of filing.

Online: Indiana typically processes online filings in about 1-2 business days.
Mail: Indiana currently processes mailed filings in around 5-7 business days, but you’ll need to add time for mailing).
In Person: In person filings are processed by Indiana in about 1-2 business days.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Indiana?

You will receive a stamped copy of your application by mail.

What forms do I file with Indiana to qualify my out of state corporation?

Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Corporation form (in duplicate), an original certificate of existence, and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

A certificate of existence is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

Must be current within the last 60 days.

Will I need an Indiana registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent service, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states your registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Indiana registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Indiana certificate of authority?

By mail, in person or online with InBiz.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Indiana Secretary of State
Corporations Division
302 W. Washington St., Rm. E018
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317)232-6576

Do the signatures on the Indiana corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

An officer or Chairman of the Board must sign the application.

Are there any weird things about registering in Indiana?

County filing or publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Indiana annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

For profit Indiana entities have an Indiana biennial report due on the last day of the month it was filed.
Non-profit Indiana entities have to file a report every year.

You may also want to learn about Indiana taxes.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Indiana registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Indiana. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional resources:

Indiana corporation
Withdraw foreign corporation from Indiana
State by state foreign corporation requirements

When You Want More