Processing. Please Wait.

Create a Free Account

Register a Foreign Corporation in Nebraska

To register a foreign corporation in Nebraska, you must file a Nebraska Application for Certificate of Authority with the Nebraska Secretary of State. You can submit this document by mail, in person, or online. The Certificate of Authority for a foreign Nebraska corporation costs $100 to file online, or $110 to file in-person or by mail. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in Nebraska. Or, sign up for our Nebraska Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the Nebraska Application for Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in Nebraska. All for free.

When You Want More, Get More

Hire Northwest and let an expert register your Foreign Corporation in Nebraska. Includes 1 year of registered agent service.

$375 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 607 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in Nebraska

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Nebraska?

$100 for online processing. Add $10 for mail processing (if you have more than one page listing officers and directors, please add $5 a page for each additional page).

How long does it take for the state to process the Nebraska Certificate of Authority?

Nebraska accepts applications online, by mail, and in person. Processing times depend on your method of filing.

  • Mail: It typically takes 3-4 business days, plus additional time for mailing, for Nebraska to process mailed filings.
  • In Person: The Secretary of State’s office will process your in person filing while you wait.
  • Online: Nebraska processes all online filings in about 1-2 business days.


How will I get verification of qualification back from Nebraska?

You will receive a verification certificate by mail or in person depending on how you file. If you file online, you will receive a confirmation by email.

What forms do I file with Nebraska to qualify my out of State Corporation?

The Application for Certificate of Authority to Transact Business form in duplicate, a Certificate of Good Standing and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

A Certificate of Good Standing is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

It must be current within the last 60 days.

Will I need an Nebraska registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your corporation in Nebraska. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Nebraska registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Nebraska Certificate of Authority?

By mail, in person, or online.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Nebraska Secretary of State
State Capitol
1445 K St., Room 1301
PO Box 94608
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: (402)471-4079
Fax: (402) 471-3666

Do the signatures on the Nebraska corporation application need to be original?

Yes, unless filing online.

Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

It must be signed by the chairperson of the board of directors, the president, or one of the officers of the corporation.

Are there any weird things about registering in Nebraska?

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Nebraska annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Corporation biennial reports in Nebraska are due March 1st in even years. If you file in an even numbered year, before the due date, you don’t have to file the first year. For example, if you formed a corporation on February 1st 2010, you don’t have to file the report until March 1st 2012.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Nebraska registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Nebraska. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional NE Corporation Resources:

Nebraska Taxes

Withdraw a Foreign Nebraska Corporation

When You Want More