Create a Free Account

Register a Foreign Corporation in New Hampshire

To register a foreign corporation in New Hampshire, you must file a New Hampshire Application for Certificate of Authority with the New Hampshire Department of State, Corporation Division. You can submit this document online, by mail, or in person. The Certificate of Authority for a foreign New Hampshire corporation costs $100 to file. Below, you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about how to file the Certificate of Authority and register a foreign corporation in New Hampshire. Or, sign up for our New Hampshire Foreign Corporation service, and we’ll handle your filing instead!

Free PDF Download

Download the New Hampshire Application for Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Corporation in New Hampshire. All for free.

When You Want More, Get More

Hire Northwest and let an expert register your Foreign Corporation in New Hampshire. Includes 1 year of registered agent service.

$327 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 788 clients on Google

 Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Corporation in New Hampshire

What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in New Hampshire?

$100 for normal processing (includes Form SRA fee). An additional $2 electronic filing fee will be charged if filing online.
$25 for non-profit.
$5 for verification certificate.

How long does it take for the state to process the New Hampshire Certificate of Authority?

New Hampshire processing times depend on your method of filing.

  • Online: 3-7 business days is how long it takes for New Hampshire to process online filings.
  • Mail: New Hampshire will process mailed filings in about 2-3 weeks, plus additional time for mailing.
  • In Person: New Hampshire will process in person filings while you wait.


How will I get verification of qualification back from New Hampshire?

If you would like a verification certificate by mail, it will cost an additional $5.

What forms do I file with New Hampshire to qualify my out of State Corporation?

The Application for Certificate of Authority form, an original Certificate of Existence, Form SRA, and the filing fees are required. For non-profits the Foreign non-profit application, an original Certificate of Existence and the filings fees are required.

What do I need from my home state?

Certificate of Existence or Good Standing is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

It must be authenticated within 60 days of filing.

Will I need an New Hampshire registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your NH registered agent, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states your registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the New Hampshire registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the New Hampshire Certificate of Authority?

By mail, online, or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

New Hampshire Department of State
Corporation Division
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301-4989
Phone: (603)271-3244

Do the signatures on the New Hampshire corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

The forms must be signed by the chairman of the board of directors, president or another Officer of the foreign NH corporation.

Are there any weird things about registering in New Hampshire?

County filing or publication is not necessary for foreign corporations, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

If you are filing Form 40 at the time, you do NOT need to file Form 1.

Any nonprofit organization that will be applying to the IRS to be a 501(c)(3) organization, and/or will solicit donations or distribute funds in the state of New Hampshire, and/or is formed for any purpose is required to register with and report to the Attorney General, Charitable Trusts Unit with form NHCT-1.

Are there ongoing New Hampshire annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

NH annual reports are due April 1st.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an New Hampshire registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in New Hampshire. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional Resources:

NH Tax
How to Withdraw a Foreign Corporation in New Hampshire

When You Want More