Florida Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
A Florida registered agent can be either a business entity or an individual that agrees to accept service of process and official mail for corporations, LLCs and other entities registered in Florida. In accordance with state law, a Florida registered agent must have a physical street location in the state, called a registered office, where certified mail can be reliably delivered during regular business hours. When documents are accepted, it is the duty of a Florida registered agent to contact the client and forward the document to them in a timely manner. This ensures that state courts, as well as the FL Division of Corporations, can dependably contact a business entity.
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Florida Registered Agents:
What Do Florida Registered Agents Do?
Florida registered agents need to have physical addresses in Florida, be open during business hours, accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
However, the right registered agent service can also do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
How Do I Change My Florida Registered Agent?
Changing your registered agent is a straightforward process. You file a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form ($25 for LLCs; $35 for corporations) with the Department of State and we get listed as your Florida registered agent. When you place an order with us, the change form is available immediately. It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Florida registered agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service. But why? At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: For every client and every service, we minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. We never sell your data. We list our own business address on public docs to better keep your personal info safe. Our commitment to privacy puts our clients first.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: As your registered agent, we automatically accept and scan your state and legal mail. Sometimes, however, we receive personal or business mail from clients or companies trying to connect with your business. We’ll accept and scan these for you as well—up to 10 documents a year FREE. We’ll also scan additional mail at a per doc rate of $15.
- Unlimited Mail Forwarding: Expecting much more business mail? For $40 a month, we also offer unlimited Florida mail forwarding. Our unlimited option includes a Florida business address with a unique suite number—great for listing on your website, establishing a business presence, or giving a home or online business a more professional appearance.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Florida Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A Florida Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Florida?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Tampa, FL. Our office is right on the water, just past the lobby on the first floor.
Can I Use Your Florida Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Florida Office?
Yes! Just sign up for our unlimited Florida Mail Forwarding option ($40/month). You’ll get a unique suite number and a Florida business address you can use for mail, advertising and more.
Don’t need a unique suite number? Our Florida registered agent service comes with free limited mail forwarding. We’ll list our business address (no unique suite number) on your public docs to better protect your privacy. And, we’ll scan the occasional business mail we receive—up to 10 documents a year, for FREE. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Florida?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing, because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without a Florida registered agent service. Also, we provide all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Are Florida Registered Agents Served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you look at the docs or even receive them from your registered agent service. You were notified. We take this responsibility very seriously.
How Do I Search For A Registered Agent In Florida?
If you want to formally notify a business through their Florida registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address. Here is how you can look up that information:
- Use our tool to do a Florida business name search via the FL Department of State.
- Type in the name of the company whose registered agent you are trying to look up.
- Look for the FL registered agent name and registered office street address.
How To Order Florida Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year’s fee for registered agent service up front.
For new businesses, once your business registration filing with the Florida Division of Corporations is complete, we’ll become your Florida registered agent.
About a year later, we’ll send an invoice for another year of Florida registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Florida registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with corporate paperwork formalities like the Florida annual report.