Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Get Started
Get Started

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Alaska Certificate of Authority for Foreign Alaska Corporation

We’re Just Not Annoying®


What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Alaska?

$350 for a foreign business corporation.
$350 for a foreign cooperative corporation.
$50 for a non-profit corporation.

How long does it take for the state to process the Alaska Certificate of Authority?

Normal processing takes 1-2 weeks, plus additional time for mailing. However, filing online is immediate.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Alaska?

You will receive a copy of your filed document with a date stamp on it as well as a certificate by mail.

What forms do I file with Alaska to qualify my out of state corporation?

Certificate of Authority form and filing fees.

What do I need from my home state?


Will I need an Alaska registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your AK annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Alaska registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Alaska Certificate of Authority?

By mail, fax or in person. If faxing your request, a credit card form is required. Online filing is not yet available for foreign corporation filings.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

State of Alaska
Corporations Section
PO Box 110806
Juneau, AK 99811-0806
Phone: (907)465-2550

Do the signatures on the Alaska corporation application need to be original?

Yes, if mailing or in person.

Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

The president or vice president and its secretary or an assistant secretary must sign the application. If the same person holds both positions, two different people must sign, unless the same person holds all positions.

Are there any weird things about registering in Alaska?

The number of business and cooperative corporation shares, if any, is required. The number of issued shares, if any, is also required. The names and addresses of the officers and directors is required. The name and address of each person/entity owning 5% or more of the shares or 5% of any class of shares and the percentage of those shares owned by each person/entity is required. The six-digit NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) grouping code, which most clearly describes the initial activities of the corporation is required. More information about the NAICS codes can be found at: http://commerce.state.ak.us/dnn/cbpl/Home.aspx on the corporations page.

County filing or publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Alaska reporting requirements?

Yes. Biennial reports are due every two years on January 2nd for for-profit corporations and on July 2nd for nonprofit corporations. Check out our Alaska biennial reports page for more information.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Alaska registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Alaska. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional AK Corporation Resources:

Alaska Taxes

Withdraw a Foreign Alaska Corporation

Corporate Compliance
by Local Corporate Guides®