Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Get Started
Get Started

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Connecticut Certificate of Authority for Foreign Connecticut Corporation

We’re Just Not Annoying®


What does it cost to register a foreign corporation in Connecticut?

$385 for normal processing (includes $285 license fee). $40 for non-profit. $50 additional for expedited processing.

How long does it take for the state to process the Connecticut Certificate of Authority?

Normal Processing: 5 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person Processing: 5 business days, unless paying for expedited processing.
Expedited Processing: 48 business hours, plus additional time for mailing.

How will I get verification of qualification back from Connecticut?

A Verification Certificate will be sent by mail.

What forms do I file with Connecticut to qualify my out of State Corporation?

Application for Certificate of Authority Foreign Stock Corporation form and a current Certificate of Existence is required. An expedite form and fax form is required if utilizing these services.

What do I need from my home state?

A Certificate of Existence.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

Within 90 days of filing.

Will I need an Connecticut registered agent for my corporation?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which States you’re registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they are emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Connecticut registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Connecticut Certificate of Authority?

By mail, fax or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Connecticut Secretary of State
Commercial Recording Division
30 Trinity Street
PO Box 150470
Hartford, CT 06115-0470
Phone: (860)509-6002
Fax: (860)509-6069

Do the signatures on the Connecticut corporation application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign corporation filing?

An authorized official of the corporation must sign the application form.

Are there any weird things about registering in Connecticut?

  • You must provide a street address (no PO Box) for all officers and directors.
  • Foreign corporations holding a Certificate of Authority are required to pay an annual license fee.
  • County filing or publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Is there ongoing Connecticut annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Connecticut annual reports are due in the anniversary month you initially filed in. You will want to be sure to file before the last day of that month.

You may also want to learn more about Connecticut taxes.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have a Connecticut registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Connecticut. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents. Here’s a little more about our registered agent service.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Additional resources:

Connecticut corporation
Withdraw foreign corporation from Connecticut

Corporate Compliance
by Local Corporate Guides®