Arrow Graphic

COVID-19 Update:

As an essential business, we’re open, fully operational, and all services are active and available!

Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC Menu Menu
Start Here

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign Nonprofit in Wisconsin

To register a foreign nonprofit in the State of Wisconsin, you must file a Foreign Nonstock Corporation – Certificate of Authority Application with the Department of Financial Institutions. You can submit this document by mail. The Foreign Nonstock Corporation – Certificate of Authority for a Wisconsin foreign nonprofit corporation costs $45 to file. Below, we cover the most frequently asked questions about how to file the Foreign Nonstock – Certificate of Authority and register a foreign nonprofit in Wisconsin. Or, you can simply sign up for our Wisconsin Foreign Nonprofit service, and we’ll take care of your registration ourselves!

Free PDF Download

Download the Wisconsin Foreign Nonstick Corporation - Certificate of Authority. Fill out the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign Nonprofit in Wisconsin. All for free.

5 Day Wisconsin Foreign Nonprofit

$250 Total
Rated 4.7 / 5 stars by 123 clients on Google

Free Guide to Registering a Foreign Nonprofit in Wisconsin

Can my foreign non-profit operate in Wisconsin?

Yes. You will just need to fill out a Foreign Nonstock Corporation – Certificate of Authority Application form. File it along with a copy of the Application, a Certificate of Status (also referred to as a Certificate of Existence) that is no more than 60 days old, and $45 fee to:

Department of Financial Institutions
P.O. Box 7846
Madison, WI 53707-7846

Will my foreign non-profit need to file an annual report with Wisconsin?

Yes. Foreign non-profits will need to submit an annual report to the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions. It is recommended that this be done online, or you can file the form you receive in the mail form your registered agent.

The fee is $15 and it is due by March 31 every year.

Will I need a registered agent in Wisconsin?

Yes, your foreign registered agent in Wisconsin with a Wisconsin street address. Northwest Registered Agent can provide this service for you starting at only $125 per year.

What about charity registration for my foreign non-profit?

Wisconsin requires that before soliciting donations you register with the Department of Regulation and Licensing. You will also need to file an annual report with them. You will need to register with the Wisconsin Department of Safety & Professional Services and renew their registration by July 31 each year.

Learn more at our Wisconsin Charity Registration page.

What is the website for the Wisconsin foreign non-profit annual report?

File your Wisconsin foreign non-profit report here.

Do Business The Right Way