Hawaii Registered Agent
Do Business the Right Way
A Hawaii registered agent is a resident individual of Hawaii or a business registered in the state that agrees to accept legal correspondence on behalf of companies registered in Hawaii. Documents such as legal summons, service of process, yearly charter renewals, and tax notifications come to a business’s registered agent, and the Hawaii registered agent is required to pass such documents onto clients in a timely manner. A Hawaii registered agent maintains a registered office in the state, which must be a physical street address kept open during regular business hours.
For your company’s registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, free mail forwarding, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Hawaii Registered Agents:
What Do Hawaii Registered Agents Do?
At minimum, your Hawaii registered agent will accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail on behalf of your business in Hawaii at a location called a registered office.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Hawaii Registered Agents?
Hawaii requires the following of its registered agents:
- The registered agent may be a resident of Hawaii or a domestic or foreign business entity registered in Hawaii.
- HI registered agents must maintain a physical street address in Hawaii.
How Do I Change My Hawaii Registered Agent?
- Sign up for our Hawaii registered agent service.
- File a Change of Registered Agent by Entity with the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, Business Registration Division.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our Change Your Hawaii Registered Agent page.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Hawaii Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need A Hawaii Registered Agent?
The state requires all Hawaii registered businesses to appoint a Hawaii registered agent. The Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs – Business Registration Division will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent. Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the state of Hawaii and general public have a reliable way to serve or contact your business.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Hawaii?
Aloha! Our downtown Honolulu office is blocks away from the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. We charge $125 a year for registered agent service in Hawaii.
We locally scan all items we receive at our registered agent office in Hawaii, a local Honolulu address, for no charge. One of the nice things our Hawaii resident agent clients enjoy is being able to log into their online registered agent account and see when their next Hawaii report is due. We appreciate the chance to be your Hawaii agent. Mahalo!
Will You Let Me Know When My Hawaii Annual Report Is Due?
Yes! We send all of our registered agent service clients reminders when the annual report is due. Hawaii annual reports are especially confusing…
Annual reports will get mailed to your main business address not your registered agent’s. They are all due based on the anniversary date of your filing. They are due quarterly, not on the exact filing date, according to the federal quarter dates. There are 4 possible due dates, so if you filed in the middle of the quarter, your first annual report is due at the end of that quarter the next year. They cost $12.50 online, and $15 if you mail them in.
Can I Use Your Hawaii Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Hawaii Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Should I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Hawaii?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Hawaii BREG will reject your business registration filing if you don’t list your HI registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Hawaii Registered Agents Get Served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your Hawaii registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a huge responsibility and we take it seriously. Here’s how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court, because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How Do I Search For A Hawaii Registered Agent?
Use our Hawaii business name search tool to search the Hawaii BREG Division’s records.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the company’s registered agent and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify the business through their Hawaii registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How To Order Hawaii Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Hawaii registered agent service once your business registration filing with BREG is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Hawaii registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Hawaii registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Hawaii corporate compliance.