Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Menu Menu
Start Here

Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

Register a Foreign LLC in Indiana

To register a foreign LLC in Indiana, you must file an Indiana Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Limited Liability Company with the Indiana Secretary of State, Business Services Division. You can submit this document by mail or in person. The Certificate of Authority costs $108 to file online ($125 with a paper form). The following guide on registering a foreign LLC in Indiana answers the most common questions about how to file the Indiana Certificate of Authority, but you can also sign up for our Indiana Foreign LLC service and let Northwest handle the details for you.

Free PDF Download

Download the Indiana Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Limited Liability Company. Fill out the the form and submit it to the state.

Do It Yourself Online

Our free account and tools will walk you through registering your Foreign LLC in Indiana. All for free.

1 Day Foreign Indiana LLC

$333 Total
Rated 4.5 / 5 stars by 242 clients on Google

Foreign Indiana LLC Application for Certificate of Authority

What does it cost to register a foreign LLC in Indiana?

$108 for online filings. $125 for mailed filings.

How long does it take for the state to process the Indiana Application for Registration?

Normal Processing: 5-10 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
In Person Processing: if dropped off in the morning, it can be ready by noon the next day.

How will I get verification of registration back from Indiana?

You will receive a stamped copy of your application by mail.

What forms do I file with Indiana to register my out of state LLC?

Application for Certificate of Authority of a Foreign Limited Liability Company form (in duplicate), an original certificate of existence, and the filing fee is required.

What do I need from my home state?

Certificate of Existence is required.

Does it need to be an original copy?


How current does the certificate need to be?

Must be current within the last 60 days.

Will I need an Indiana registered agent for my LLC?

Yes, when you hire Northwest as your registered agent service, it’s a flat rate yearly price of $125 a year, you’ll have an online account that tracks your report due dates, which states you are registered in, when your yearly service with us is up, and any documents we receive locally for you are uploaded into your account immediately for complete viewing. If or when you get served with a lawsuit, we can email up to 4 people and your attorney at the same time for real time complete viewing of a lawsuit. You’ll receive annual report reminders. It’s the same price every year, and there are no weird fees or cancellation fees.

You’ll also see all the pre-populated forms and specific filing instructions on the thank you page, in your online account, and they will be emailed to you immediately upon signing up for 1 year of registered agent service.

Does the Indiana registered agent need to sign the filing?


How can I file the Indiana Application for Registration?

By mail or in person.

What is the state agency that accepts the out of state registration?

Indiana Secretary of State
Business Services Division
302 W. Washington St., Rm. E018
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317)232-6576

Do the signatures on the Indiana LLC application need to be original?


Who has to sign the foreign LLC filing?

A manager or member must sign the foreign LLC filing.

Are there any weird things about registering in Indiana?

County filing or publication is not necessary, unless specifically required by the county in which your registered agent resides.

Are there ongoing Indiana annual report and/or initial reporting requirements?

Indiana Business Entity Reports are due biennially on the last day of the month it was filed.

What about Indiana taxes?

You will be subject to Indiana taxes just like an Indiana LLC.

How do I withdraw a business from Indiana?

You can withdraw a business from Indiana by filing an Application for Certificate of Withdrawal.

What are your fees?

You’ll need to have an Indiana registered agent. We charge $125 a year to act as your registered agent in Indiana. It’s a flat rate, once a year fee, and includes more than other registered agents.

We charge a $100 one-time filing service fee if you would like us to obtain the certificates needed from your home state, and register your company in any state you choose. We have offices in every state and can act as your registered agent and make your filings for you in any state. If you would like to register with multiple states at once, we can usually drop our filing service fee down.

Do Business The Right Way